Finished - '99 USA Tele

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Blue looks great but black guard for me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    The blue looks fabulous, but I'd fit a properly white guard.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice 1  but guard has to be black or torty
    Wrong.  Twice.  

ICBM said:
    The blue looks fabulous, but I'd fit a properly white guard.
    Correct.  Twice.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2924
    tFB Trader
    Very nice DM, as per ICBM the blue looks ace and another vote for crispy white on the guard.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3851
    Ha, cheers guys for the kind words as well as the recs. I’ve thought about tort but now I’m thinking single ply white! I’ll have a cupboard full of Tele guards at this rate. The black is out of the running. Next update will hopefully be the finished article. 

Have a great weekend all and thanks again.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    I would go for single-ply, 8-screw white - the transitional type used between the more common single-ply 5-screw and the three-ply 8-screw. If you can't find one it's fairly easy to drill the extra holes in a 5-screw - the others are the same positions.

LPB, plain white single-ply guard, maple neck, and threaded steel bridge saddles is probably my favourite of all Tele combinations.

(Although it has to be said it's your guitar ;).)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

You once tried to talk me into painting something black @ICBM and I was having none of it :lol: 

You’re spot on on this occasion though and I think I can get an 8 hole. It would look proper for an extra few quid so it’d be worth it. AND my Telecaster guard store grows in size as an added errr...bonus.
  • Super, but surely needs a parchment guard with no height adjustment screw holes :)
    Oh blimey :lol: nice suggestion but the single ply white is on its way.
    I didn't like the white single ply gents! I've stuck the original back on. Got loads of Tele guards now :lol: 

Having a nice shiny nitro body is one thing, but from a functional point of view I'm really glad I refurbed the neck. It feels lovely.

Some pics for posterity. Before and after.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Gotta be honest, I loved it in the 3TSB relic - you beat me to it when it was FS! That said, you’ve done a great job with the refin, well done
    It was the fake relicing that made me do it @guitargeek62, it was just a bit too extreme. I also fully intended to do another burst until I started focusing on the usual Fender mismatched joins and uninspiring grain! 
    Cheers though mate :+1: