Slash Epiphone Les Paul's Coming

What's Hot

Comments

• sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Sure I've read one piece mahogany backs. Should of had Seymore Duncans, or Gibson Burstbuckers/57's at the very least. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    edited July 2021
    Used to be a massive Slash fan so these sort of have some appeal but it's a shame they don't come with his signature Duncan's or at least Gibson 57s or 490s, and I feel like they'd all look better with zebra coils. Quite like the look of the dark red burst whatever that ones called. I'd be interested to try one out to see if they have a better neck profile than your typical Epiphone.

Mind you for near enough the same price you could get a Gibson LP Tribute in satin tobaccoburst plaintop.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WBT2079WBT2079 Frets: 86
    edited July 2021
    I don’t know whether it’s the player, the kit they’ve used or the recording, but the guitar sounds far better in the Peach Guitars demo, and he still has the plastic on the pups.
  • sawyer said:
    Sure I've read one piece mahogany backs. Should of had Seymore Duncans, or Gibson Burstbuckers/57's at the very least. 
    I could be wrong but they’re definitely 2 piece to my eyes from peach pictures. Centre seam.
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    There’s zero chance that they are specifying one piece mahogany backs on these Epiphones
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4137
    TTBZ said:
    Used to be a massive Slash fan so these sort of have some appeal but it's a shame they don't come with his signature Duncan's or at least Gibson 57s or 490s, and I feel like they'd all look better with zebra coils. Quite like the look of the dark red burst whatever that ones called. I'd be interested to try one out to see if they have a better neck profile than your typical Epiphone.

Mind you for near enough the same price you could get a Gibson LP Tribute in satin tobaccoburst plaintop.
    I didn’t like my tribute Gibson , and that was when it cost me 599 from richTone ex demo 
    it didn’t feel as well finished as my two epiphone’s so I sold it . Would always go for a standard or a classic ,but standard is really the way to go . I would think for the price of a new tribute you could get an Orville custom 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9606
    edited July 2021
    sawyer said:
    I could be wrong but they’re definitely 2 piece to my eyes from peach pictures. Centre seam.
    I agree, looks like the back on my 1959. Closer to the 1959 than the 50s then - although with Epiphone pickups and their notoriously bad toggle switch.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6874
    Peach has em too. 

Cant get an Esp for love nor money for the past 16 months, but the same old Les Pauls are in abundance :/ 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    I'm a slash fan - he's great.

I'm also sure these guitars are really good too.

I just feel they've been put out there for the collector's market as a lifestyle product rather than an actual musical instrument. Gibson know that sticking his name/signature on a product will make it sell out immediately - regardless of what it is.

I do think these are rather overpriced and Gibson should have spent an extra $20 or whatever on a nice wallet with some pictures a COA, maybe some slash plectrums.

My tip for anyone who wants a guitar that looks like the one Slash plays and you can't afford the Gibson, get a Vintage V100 Paradise. Then spend what you've saved on a second hand Marshall SL5 to complete the rig.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4693
    Jeez, you are a whingey lot sometimes.  No-ones making you buy one so if you don't like it, or the price or the fact they used vegan glue, STF up.

IMO ;)
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • chrishill901chrishill901 Frets: 516
    rlw said:
    Jeez, you are a whingey lot sometimes.  No-ones making you buy one so if you don't like it, or the price or the fact they used vegan glue, STF up.

IMO ;)
    You raise a good point... a forum is not the place to discuss things!

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    rlw said:

IMO ;)

Discuss = good

Whinge = not so good

:)
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1843
    rlw said:
    rlw said:

IMO ;)

Discuss = good

Whinge = not so good

Advice = Priceless(well maybe advising you to get a £400 cheaper model with the same quality anyway.)
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 775
    I don't think questioning the price of something is  a whinge. Forum threads like this can be more useful than the generic reviews guitars seem to be afforded across YouTube and the usual neutral magazines. Guitars and gear in this space seems to get an easy ride via most official channels, versus cars or anything else you can think of.

Somebody who is interested in one and isn't as clued up in the nuances might want to know what they are getting for their money, and any alternatives.

Anyway, I like that they have done them. But think they could have given you more for the asking price.
    rlw said:
    rlw said:

IMO ;)

Discuss = good

Whinge = not so good

But when does the discussion of something not so great turn in to a whinge? ;) Only being allowed to 'discuss' positive things sounds like my workplace.... :)

I think there is a consensus across multiple forums, YouTube etc. that Epiphone have dropped a bollock with the pickups in these at that price point. What do we think? Please whinge discuss.

• rlw said:
    rlw said:

IMO ;)

Discuss = good

Whinge = not so good

Guitarists. They could put a stack of cash in the case with them and we’d complain about the way the notes were folded. Or that the elastic band wasn’t vintage correct.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    rlw said:
    rlw said:

IMO ;)

Discuss = good

Whinge = not so good

But when does the discussion of something not so great turn in to a whinge? ;) Only being allowed to 'discuss' positive things sounds like my workplace.... :)

I think there is a consensus across multiple forums, YouTube etc. that Epiphone have dropped a bollock with the pickups in these at that price point. What do we think? Please whinge discuss.

And that concensus is based on no-one playing them except for youtube dems so no-one can really tell.

And maybe the pickups suit these better then some of the options.  Just because they're made by Gibson doesn't make them better automatically.  Let's see.

My whingeing point was that everyone is effing negative about these without actually seeing or playing one.  There was much the same about the first round of new Epi Standards and then the next one which was even better so who is to say these won't be better still.

They might be shite but let's give them a chance first.  Whinge positively.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4137
    Now that they’re becoming a standard production line though, 2nd hand bargains should be more available . I like them but like the Gibson’s I think they’re missing a trick with. A leatherette wallet/photo /coa like in the old ones 
    @rlw whinge positively definitely deserves a wiz ;)

I think the Andertons demo shows that the pickups are weak compared to the ones in the Gibson guitar. They sound a touch woolier and less refined to me, albeit with YouTube compression. They may be a good pickup in their own right, but with Gibson pickups in the ‘59, Epiphone have clearly stated that a guitar at that price point deserves a more expensive pickup, so paying £50 more than the ‘59 but going back down to an Epiphone made pickup does beg the question of where the money is going. I think a positive whinge is justified with this spec sheet!