Dual input practise amp?

What's Hot
DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
Any ideas for a dual input wee amp? Preferably very low wattage, and most importantly cheap cheap cheap.

Looks like I've got my wee boy a Squier for his birthday in June and I'm gonna get my daughter a different guitar to her 3/4 Stagg which she's pretty much just used as a toy since she was 2.

Anyways, I'm gonna get a wee amp for them to share and I figured if two inputs are available then that would save a few rows. I quite fancied a THR but this would be better for me.

Anyways, come ahead with your ideas please!

Thank.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gubblegubble Frets: 1826
    how about an old peavey such as an audition 110?

they had dual inputs & i've ran two guitars into one no problems
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    Cool cheers mate.

£179 new from shops seems like a pretty fair price too.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7974
    edited August 2014
    Not what you've asked for but you'd easily get 2 second hand micro cubes for that budget, they're small and built with thick sturdy plastic - probably a good choice for kids?
    Hhmm, they're only gonna be 4 and 6 so the cheaper the better too but those micros sound alright indeed.
  • S/h I've picked them up for £50 in good nick, but they can sometimes go cheaper on eBay. For the size and durability (had my original since launch, regularly used it and transported it, still working 100%) it is worth consideration if you can't find a dual input amp
    Might be an even better idea. I just thought one cheap amp would be cheapest all round, plus in theory quieter.....
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74497
    edited August 2014
    The problem with a typical dual-input amp is that you only get one set of controls.

Two small amps or an amp with two independent channels - very rare in that sort of size/price - is much better. If you don't want distortion a small keyboard amp would work though - they usually have more than one channel, and you can pick them up very cheap second hand.

Anything like that is going to be miles louder than two Micro Cubes though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Okily Dokily.

Cheers guys, I think the hunt can begin for two teeny amps instead. Well that and my little girl fancies a cherry sunburst guitar of some sort now that I'm not gonna mod her old guitar. I was thinking of a Epi or Vintage of some sort.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74497
    The tiny Orange Micro Crush 3 amps are quite cool. Built-in tuner and headphone jack - although watch the volume they're capable of producing through phones, since if they're still like the one I had the headphone jack is actually an external speaker jack really! There's no pad resistor in it. Only £38 new. They sound miles better than the plastic amps of about the same size, eg the Marshall MS-2.

I'm actually tempted to get another one myself… :)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I just remember having an absolutely shite 5 watt Yamaha grey and red plastic thing when I was learning. Sounded so bad but I learned on it I guess.

Aye if that's the case with the output I'd rather avoid that, kids being kids will do dumb stuff and probably dime it with cans on.... end nigh on as deaf as me.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10019
    A Vox DA-5 is an alternative to the Rolands. The line in and mic input may be useful.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406
    edited August 2014
    This takes 3 inputs... in its day it took two guitars and  Bass from 3 frantic teenagers(!)... £35 new from Woolworths!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    The tiny Orange Micro Crush 3 amps are quite cool. Built-in tuner and headphone jack - although watch the volume they're capable of producing through phones, since if they're still like the one I had the headphone jack is actually an external speaker jack really! There's no pad resistor in it. Only £38 new. They sound miles better than the plastic amps of about the same size, eg the Marshall MS-2.

I'm actually tempted to get another one myself… :)
    I got one of those for my eldest son (5) at the Birmingham Guitar show last year, excellent little thing.