Mood power supply

jaysjays Frets: 0
Hey

I just got Mood pedal and I ve been trying to power it with the only power supply I ve got which is a Boss PSA-230ES, but nothing happens, although it has the correct specs for the Mood: 9V and 500mA.

Looking at it, it could be that the head of the plug is not going fully in, I am wondering if the Boss power supply is only designed for the Boss pedals (I got a DD7), or if my Mood is broken.

Have any of you tried this combination with success? And if not what power supply would you recommend for the Mood.

Many thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Don't have the Mood, but I've used the Boss PSA-230ES on the Zoia, as well as on an old Disaster Areas DMC-4. Worked with both of them.

I did have an issue with the Zoia that it would occasionally freeze on start up when using the Boss. Not had that issue since switching to the Cioks PSU; however the Zoia has also had some significant firmware changes since then. Not sure which change fixed it. Empress support were wondering whether the Boss PSU might have some issues with the power draw when the Zoia switches on, however the pedal would start up and lights turn on, so I'd expect to be seeing some signs of life from the Mood.

• I’ve had problems using that particular power supply with Chase Bliss pedals as the tip doesn’t fit very securely, the slightest nudge can result in a poor connection and loss of power
  • jaysjays Frets: 0
    edited July 2021
    Thanks for the replies guys, yes sounds like the issue is tip is not fitting properly.

@Iron_Robin, what PSU are you using for your Chase Bliss pedals? 
  • Trutone CS12