Peavey Bandit Dead , any reccomended repair shops North east England?

What's Hot
mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
My friends just got a red peavey bandit off e bay its arrived and dead as a dodo he's tried different leads but no good when he lifts the amp there is a rattle like something has broke off and moving opin the amp bit,so ....
Any ideas to what it could be ?

Any reccomended  Amp Repaires in the north east England ,Sunderland area?
He could get a quote and contact the seller with it.
Thanks in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72254
    Has there been a nuclear war?

:)

Actually the red stripe ones aren't quite as bombproof as the older models.

That sounds like obvious transit damage, in which case the first thing I would do is contact the seller and see if he'll refund even before assessing it for repair. If it's been thrown out of the back of a lorry it could have something fairly major wrong with it, there isn't a huge amount that could easily come loose without causing substantial damage.

It's not too difficult to open up and have a look, and completely safe if it's not plugged in. Just undo the speaker connections and unscrew the chassis.

I don't know any repairers in that part of the world unfortunately, but there's bound to be someone who does.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18682
    mark123 said:
    My friends just got a red peavey bandit off e bay its arrived and dead as a dodo he's tried different leads but no good when he lifts the amp there is a rattle like something has broke off and moving opin the amp bit,so ....
    Any ideas to what it could be ?

Any reccomended  Amp Repaires in the north east England ,Sunderland area?
    He could get a quote and contact the seller with it.
    Thanks in advance.
    Have you tried Barry Cameron?
    While since I have needed to use him (hopefully he's still going), but he is long established & was very good (based at 5 Woodville Court, SR4 8RF, just off Chester Road/A183).
    The website I last had details of isn't working, but here's a Facefook account that might help?
    https://www.facebook.com/cameronelectronics.co.uk
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1368
    Stoneham Amps in Wallsend.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    I'd be inclined to get the sellers blessing before opening it up, particularly if the buyer intends returning it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72254
    Dodge said:
    I'd be inclined to get the sellers blessing before opening it up, particularly if the buyer intends returning it.
    Likewise, although personally I would never even plug in an amp that’s been couriered to me without opening it up and checking for damage first, exactly for this reason - you can turn a fairly trivial broken or loose component into a badly blown-up amp if you’re unlucky - unless brand new in the original packaging from a shop, in which case it’s not my problem!

These are easy amps to take apart, and if you use the right screwdriver so you don’t chew the bolt heads, it won’t leave any evidence.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Steve Dawson at Root Two in South Shields. Used to work for Marshall,top bloke.
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    howard_moon said:
    Steve Dawson at Root Two in South Shields. Used to work for Marshall,top bloke.
    That’s where I’d go .
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    Big thanks to everyone, i ended up taking it to Parrys audio tv on chester rd dropped off friday picked up sat morn dry solder joints on psu £45 .
    As a goodwill gesture i have offered to go halfs with the seller.
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    mark123 said:
    Big thanks to everyone, he ended up taking it to Parrys audio tv on chester rd,was  dropped off friday and picked up sat morning dry solder joints on psu £45 .
    As a goodwill gesture he has offered to go halfs with the seller.