P.a speaker size for full band

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I have my eye on either a pair of w audio dsr12 or mackie srm450 both £400 could I get them  for less and Which would you choose?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405
    I have my eye on either a pair of w audio dsr12 or mackie srm450 both £400 could I get them  for less and Which would you choose?

What version are the SRM450's ? 
    The first ones were class AB and very reliable, pretty much bullet proof.
    The V2 is class D, lighter but not as reliable 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • There's versions 1 and 2 available 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405
    I would go with the first version, it's a well thought out reliable design that sounds good and the hi pass filter on the back is useful 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • ESBlonde said:
    • Snags said:
      Without wishing to screw the pooch or thread hijack ... what's the feeling on the pros/cons of compact line array systems vs the conventional two-driver jobbies? I was half-expecting to see some line array suggestions in the responses, but am largely clueless about this stuff, despite having done a bit of generic research.
      Line array technology is all about control of the horizontal dispersion pattern but it requires height and knowledge of the J bend and some decent software to suit each venue. Not currently practical or particularly fast for smaller venues where a (good) cab on a pole is very acceptable.
    I think at this level of discussion, it’s mostly about what boxes are going to provide the best bang for buck for the band, 

With regards to line arrays, the smaller Bose Fender HK Elements type of thing don’t need the venue to be modelled and then set up, that only really comes into play in very large spaces and lots of boxes. For 6,8,10 box systems it’s usually down to knowing what your boxes will do in the space and driving accordingly
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk