edited July 2021

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    0reaction image LOL 16reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31523
    @BloodEagle ok, you win!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10181
    I guess these guitars either proves or disproves the tonewood argument. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11860

Just double checking, and you probably know, I guess you know that says LOVE in Chinese right?
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2934
    jdgm said:
    Exactly what I wanted when I bought my first Strat - but I couldn't afford it so I ended up with one in the same finish but with a system I trem. I think these are really under rated Jap Strats.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • From the days when I let other people make my guitars...

Not just anybody though... 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6099
    DB1 said:

Dang @DB1, your taste in guitars and amps is exemplary. 
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4257
    p90fool said:
    '77 clunker in the garden...

Careful!! The tree seems to be leaning quite badly under the immense weight of that 70's Strat.  :o  Could easily be uprooted...

Just kidding, I recently acquired a 70's Fender, and have been blown away by it, like I haven't been with a guitar in a long time. And it is not heavy at all. There are incredible guitars from that period.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2801
    Photo taken on an old ipad from my hotel room in Barcelona just before doing the biggest gig of my life. Love the light in this one...

I love this pic.  What was the gig as a matter of interest?
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7155
    thebreeze said:
    Photo taken on an old ipad from my hotel room in Barcelona just before doing the biggest gig of my life. Love the light in this one...

wet and warm by the looks of it 
  • westwest Frets: 996

Superb aesthetic / Vista  ;)
  • enjoenjo Frets: 278
    Philly_Q said:
    It's the same picture I always post, because I don't take photos and I can not be arsed setting up an Imgur account...

Some guitars just make me want to pick them up and play - this is one of them.
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1555
    edited July 2021
    thebreeze said:

Offset said:
    @Majorscale - that is a sublime photo.
    @Offset Thanks! Considering the low res iPad camera this photo was taken on, that photo came out well, there's no post-processing either, it was all thanks to the low Spanish sunlight! Just wish I had a higher res version.

@thebreeze ;;The gig was a multinational IT conference corporate thing. We were the house band for the morning “keynotes” doing a Saturday Night Live kind of thing and then that evening we played a proper set at the party. There were 9000+ people in the audience and it was streamed globally... it was a lot of fun and very different to our usual gigs!

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2894
    enjo said:
    Philly_Q said:
    It's the same picture I always post, because I don't take photos and I can not be arsed setting up an Imgur account...

Yep, not sure why as I'm never into semi hollows but that just looks "right" - I think the black finish helps as I'm not into the usual cherry or sunburst that you see on these. Is that a smaller body, 339?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22739
    edited July 2021
    TTBZ said:
    enjo said:
    Philly_Q said:

Yep, not sure why as I'm never into semi hollows but that just looks "right" - I think the black finish helps as I'm not into the usual cherry or sunburst that you see on these. Is that a smaller body, 339?
    It's a CS-336, the Lee Roy Parnell (who, you may well ask...) signature model.  So exactly the same size as an ES-339, but it's a hollowed out mahogany body rather than a 335-style laminated construction.

I also like the black finish, but I mostly wanted one because it has a bigger neck than a regular 336.  It also has an ebony board.  As it turned out, the neck is not huge, as some claimed, I'd say it's a '59 kind of shape - it also doesn't feel as wide as some Gibson necks, although I haven't measured it.  I like it very much, it's the nicest neck on any Gibson I've owned.

Took me a few years to track one down, as very few were made, but it was worth the wait!