Another amp tone comparison (blues-chums be warned: high-gainer!)

2»

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7286
    Interestingly, I had a very quick listen yesterday and preferred number 2 to now only find out it is a VH4. I have had a VH2 and have modded my Jet City to a VH4 flavour as well, so I think I know and like the sound.

This tool-esque riffing is my ball park too, so maybe I’m used to that sort of flavour.

Thanks for posting and interesting to hear the differences.
    Oh what's the jet city mod? I have a jca 50h as a backup and would be great to bring it closer to my VH4.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nick13 said:
    What are your settings on the hagen? Also what cab or ir are you using?
    Ownhammer Diezel V30 57-00. 

The Hagen was just dialed in to taste. Bass at noon-ish, mids and treble about 3pm-ish. Deep at noon and presence at 3 too.

I like a bright tone.

Bye!

• Interestingly, I had a very quick listen yesterday and preferred number 2 to now only find out it is a VH4. I have had a VH2 and have modded my Jet City to a VH4 flavour as well, so I think I know and like the sound.

This tool-esque riffing is my ball park too, so maybe I’m used to that sort of flavour.

Thanks for posting and interesting to hear the differences.
    Oh what's the jet city mod? I have a jca 50h as a backup and would be great to bring it closer to my VH4.
    Here’s the link to the mods for a 50h:

https://www.epic-tone.com/online-store/Jet-City-50-100-Mods-p87313339
  • Nick13Nick13 Frets: 733
    Nick13 said:
    What are your settings on the hagen? Also what cab or ir are you using?
    Ownhammer Diezel V30 57-00. 

The Hagen was just dialed in to taste. Bass at noon-ish, mids and treble about 3pm-ish. Deep at noon and presence at 3 too.

I like a bright tone.

Mostly similar to mine then but my mids are a fair bit lower. It is quite dark if you don't pump up the treble.

I think I have that ir pack but rarely use it as I default to recto cab irs as its the real cab I own, will check them out in more detail.