Ryan Air frustration

What's Hot
jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12258
First thing, yes I know, you pay shit, you get shit. Anyway trying to cancel and reschedule flights is impossible on the website, originally due to fly out on 14th August to Malta, which we're having to cancel, trying to ether get a voucher or reschedule for next April but the calendar only goes as far as March 2022, which I'm assuming is because the flights haven't been released for that period. Thing is If I can't speak to customer services (wait for 90 minutes, then cut off) and cant use the online chat bot (moved in line from 893 to 65 then, yes you guessed it cut off after 2.5hrs) The what am I to do? Any internet searches just throws up 1000's people who want O'Leary assassinated.

Anybody had any joy with this wonderful outfit? Anybody know of any back doors into customer services?
"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7076
    I swore to never use them again after a flight to Seville and I never have.

Not much help sorry, but good luck.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    I hate them with a passion and would love never to use them but they're often the only airline for flights from the UK to smaller French airports.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I think you covered it in your first sentence, not that it's any help, or consolation.

I had success with BA by calling them at some odd hour at night, maybe 1am. I has assumed lines were less crowded by pitchfork-waving, would-be Willie Walsh assassins. Can't guarantee it will work, but there you go.

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8599
    edited July 2021
    Try googling Michael O'leary email/phone number. A number of links come up. No idea if they'll be any good but senior execs don't like being hassled by the public. You might get contact info for his PA or some decision maker. It's a bit of a long shot but what have you got to lose. 

I've had some joy in the past taking my complaints over various things to senior management. 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    edited July 2021
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/04/ryanair-customers-sent--round-in-circles--as-they-continue-to-tr/

Something in there might help... Ryan Air are known for having horrible customer service... but I have managed to get a refund from them in the past over the phone. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Ryanair lost an eye watering £230 million between April and June 2021 and only flew 27.5 million people in the year to March 2021, down from 148.6 million in the previous year. An unsustainable long-term business model - I think the company will want to hang onto any cash customers have paid, or more likely they have no cash to refund a lot of people right now. I suspect a few airlines will go bust.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6256
    tbh, in my experience over the last few years has been OK. I had a flight cancelled by them this year, and got a v quick refund. I've rearranged flights on their site without issue, though I wasn't looking to book so far into the future. 
    The actual travelling experience throughout last year, with them, was good. But then the planes were very quiet (40-80 people).

Good luck.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12258
    Got through to an actual person this morning, because flights haven't been announced for next April, I have to change flights to a flight later in the year and pay the fees, and then have a look and see if April flights are out and then change again and pay the fees again. It's pretty fucking far from ideal but if it means there will finally be a holiday at the end then all will be good, I think. Maybe. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    @jonnyburgo ;
    that is a right racket. Those change fees can be 90 quid a time!! Pretty poor that they can't issue a voucher. 

Last year, I had 1500 of flights booked which I had to move. Moved them to flights that cost 800 quid plus fees. Any refund issued? Nope. But like you, my thought was, well at least we will get away somewhere eventually. In the end we had a flipping great holiday. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16014
    Last week my son and a couple of mates went to Barcelona with Ryanair.
    One of the lads,Harry, has always been known as Harry but on his passport his real first name is Harris .He overlooked this when booking his ticket .
    The lovely Ryanair charged this young man £189 to cancel his ticket and rebook it with 2 letters difference as they held him to ransom at the check-in.
    In fairness ,it did take one of their check-in clerks almost 2 whole minutes to do it !
    How to win glowing customer references !
    Nasty Operation.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12315
    Dominic said:
    One of the lads,Harry, has always been known as Harry but on his passport his real first name is Harris .He overlooked this when booking his ticket .
    The lovely Ryanair charged this young man £189 to cancel his ticket and rebook it with 2 letters difference as they held him to ransom at the check-in.
    In fairness ,it did take one of their check-in clerks almost 2 whole minutes to do it !
    Nasty Operation.
    To be fair they do say when you’re booking the ticket that your passport details should match those on the tickets. Ryanair are still a bunch of swindling bastards though. 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    boogieman said:
    Dominic said:
    Nasty Operation.
    To be fair they do say when you’re booking the ticket that your passport details should match those on the tickets. Ryanair are still a bunch of swindling bastards though. 
    Lots of airlines charge a fortune for changes unless you buy a more expensive flexible ticket.

I don't have much sympathy in this case as the conditions for such mistakes are clear
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24210
    I'd rather walk than give any of my money to that piece of shit O'Leary.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    boogieman said:
    Dominic said:
    Nasty Operation.
    Lots of airlines charge a fortune for changes unless you buy a more expensive flexible ticket.

I don't have much sympathy in this case as the conditions for such mistakes are clear
    I do agree and tbf the kid is as thick as a whale sandwich .....they certainly should charge an admin fee to change it ;something like £30 but £189 ?????????..........that's ridiculous and mean spirited opportuning.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12315
    Dominic said:
    boogieman said:
    Dominic said:
    Nasty Operation.

I do agree and tbf the kid is as thick as a whale sandwich .....they certainly should charge an admin fee to change it ;something like £30 but £189 ?????????..........that's ridiculous and mean spirited opportuning.
    Yup, I agree it’s just blatant profiteering in that case. Typical of Ryanair though, I’m sure they even had plans to charge passengers for using the bog on the plane at one time.  
    Jet2 are bad. When you land, they play that chuffing awful Jess Glynne track on repeat. It feels like water torture
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11414
    Snap said:
    Jet2 are bad. When you land, they play that chuffing awful Jess Glynne track on repeat. It feels like water torture

As a parent of relatively young children, it could be worse.  It could be Baby Shark on repeat.  That's what I used to get 2 or 3 years ago.
    Emp_Fab said:
    Can you swim good too ?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18389
    Dominic said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Can you swim good too ?
    You did realise his stepdad was named Joseph & his mum Mary?