New Stewmac Website

SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7006
in Making & Modding tFB Trader
Is anyone else experiencing the same problems that I am?

I can't log in and don't receive the password reset email.

Also I've had to edit all the links from my website as they didn't think to apply redirects from the old URLs. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    Did you get it sorted Steve? It refused my normal pwd but I got the reset email OK, and just set it to the usual one.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7006
    tFB Trader
    No, and StewMac aren't being any help.
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 322
    Is anyone else experiencing the same problems that I am?
    I am.

I got the email to reset my password but whatever I enter I get an error message to say say that my new password must be between 5 and 64 charaters long, which it is. I tried a handful of different passwords of differing lengths and types of characters, with and without non-alphanumeric but nothing works.
    edited July 2021 tFB Trader
    At least you got the email.

I've checked spam folders and it's not there
    tFB Trader
    Might be worth getting your email host to turn off spam filtering completely. Emails can be killed before they ever get to be downloaded by local email software, it happened to me and had to do this.
    Stewmac emails used to be auto-marked as spam by my email server, I had to go to the server-side control panel and fiddle  setup to let them through.
    tFB Trader
    I've checked the email server too. Everything else from Stewmac gets to me.
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 322
    A friend sorted me out, "Delete your cookies," he said, and from there I was able to reset my password and login. It's easy when your mind is such that you think of the obvious.
    tFB Trader
    My browser is set to delete cookies every time I close it, so no StewMac cookies persist
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    Try a completely different browser, my normal one was playing silly b*stards with some sites recently.
    tFB Trader
    I've tried Chrome and Edge, I'm sure it's not a client side issue.
    tFB Trader
    It not that likely to be browser-related, unless the form doesn't respond at all. If the SM site says 'email sent' or whatever, the request has been rec'd at the far end, and the site will try to fire out an email.

Either they aren't sending them out, which is relatively unlikely as they must send tons, or it's getting killed at the receiving end.
    The host will have some form of filtering which maybe kills them right at the gate - i.e. they will never even reach any email account, even an online webmail reader, let alone software on a PC etc.

Sometimes as a user you have access to fettle something like SpamAssassin or whatever. If so it can be possible to globally turn off all filtering at least temporarily, or add SM addresses/domains/source IP addresses to whitelisting.

Without that access you'd have to ask the host's support if they can do it.

The pwd emails may well come from different systems even; looks like marketing and order-related emails come from different sources for instance. So different factors will be there as far as the host's frontline spam filter is concerned, letting one in doesn't necessarily mean the other will land.
    edited August 2021 tFB Trader
    Well.

Thanks Bill ( @Corvus ;;) SpamAssassin was indeed deleting the StewMac emails. I had to set it to pass "obvious spam" (10) before I saw the Stewmac emails. 

I've now reinstated my account but missed the sale

Also they didn't carry over wishlists to the new site - you'd think this would be a simple migration?

tFB Trader
    Cool (ish). I also missed the sale having bought stuff just before it... oh well.

It shouldn't have been this much hassle, putting new clothes on the underlying engine, they do seem to have made quite a mess of it all really.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27426
    If it's any consolation @SteveRobinson @Corvus I missed the sale too.

Not that I was planning on buying anything, sale or not.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.