Comments

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9271
    I'll bite - why?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4165
    chris78 said:
    I'll bite - why?
    I guess someone wanted it and had the money. Not my thing really, but if the new owner's happy then fair play.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
    Meh.
  • vivalacoultervivalacoulter Frets: 196
    edited July 2021
    Looks pretty cool to me, brave though.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7106
    edited July 2021
    I like it, for some weird reason I worry about dinging a PRS more than any other guitar. Something about the sheer quality of the tops and finishes make me paranoid.  The more PRS that are out there with dings and relicing the better as that may make me worry less about taking one out of the house.

The ME of yours @chris78 stayed in its case - its gorgeous and with 2 kids and a dog charging around my place I just couldn’t  risk it getting a knock.
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1287
    Yeah, if the owner is happy, then great. He definitely hasn’t devalued it, maybe even more desirable to some now.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    nailed it!  

If you don't like relics, I fully understand it, but as far as relics go, this looks awesome to me
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14181
    edited July 2021 tFB Trader
    Their breeding

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/you-can-now-get-a-relicd-prs-silver-sky-john-mayer-guitar - Think this was posted elsewhere on FB a year or so ago I somehow recall

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1555
    That headstock though…..  bleughhhhh!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • WeZ84WeZ84 Frets: 165
    The pristine white plastic pickup covers, knobs, trem arm and pickup switch could do with being aged a bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4130
    Personally I think that looks great, and in part just because of the colour choice! :love: 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11555
    Looks nice enough and I'm sure it plays well - but as others have said, that headstock... it's just every kind of wrong.
  • It actually looks like it could be real dings I guess - I have been playing a tele recently that was brand new once, and despite being made about 40 years ago the pickguard and neck pickup are pretty pristine. The finish has some dings and scratches though. 
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3650
    Personally I think that looks great, and in part just because of the colour choice! :love: 
    Yeah, the colour is better than anything that PRS offer on this model.  I've been lusting after a Silver Sky for a while.  If it was available in that colour, with out the relicing, I'm not sure that I'd be able to resist any longer.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    WeZ84 said:
    The pristine white plastic pickup covers, knobs, trem arm and pickup switch could do with being aged a bit.
    Spot on
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4130
    Musicwolf said:
    Yeah, the colour is better than anything that PRS offer on this model.  I've been lusting after a Silver Sky for a while.  If it was available in that colour, with out the relicing, I'm not sure that I'd be able to resist any longer.

I'm hoping one will be on my mid-term horizon. Guitars haven't been a priority for a while though so I may be waiting a bit longer
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    edited July 2021
    I like how they have reliced this to look like one of the proper played-in and naturally worn-in old ones from way back in the day when these first came out.

2019, was it?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22725
    Not entirely surprising that a Strat copy looks good as a relic...
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7135
    Looks daft

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• S56035S56035 Frets: 1119
    I love a good relic but I don't get when it's as light as that.  Surely that's the sort of wear you can put on yourself?  The heavy stuff I get and quite like though.