Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72241
    Damn!

I own and love the Deluxe. I wonder what this will be like!?
    Bigger.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4169
    I see they’re using a conventional speakers. Does nobody make vintage flavoured neo 10” speaker? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lewy said:
    I see they’re using a conventional speakers. Does nobody make vintage flavoured neo 10” speaker? 
    Possibly not yet, as far as I can see. P10Rs aren't very heavy anyway, so there might not be that much saving.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stilwelstilwel Frets: 20
    There was no weight to save by going with Neo, so we stuck with the P10R alnicos from the 65 Reissue Super. 
    FENDER - Scottsdale, AZ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • HottubesHottubes Frets: 394

Sounds good !

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GillyGilly Frets: 1123
    Hottubes said:

Sounds good !

That genuinely does sound like a good Super Reverb.
  • I swore that this was the amp I was waiting for - I got quite a lot of good gigging out of my TMDR before lockdown. Now I’m not sure I really have an excuse to buy a new amp. Life really has changed. 
  • stilwelstilwel Frets: 20
    Here's a quick promo video with some Super Reverb tones you'll all recognize.

FENDER - Scottsdale, AZ
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I’ve just bought the TMTR. Part of me wishes I’d bought one of these. It looks excellent. 
  • AnacharsisAnacharsis Frets: 200
    I can't justify one right now, but I really want one of these. It's the possible future" amp I said I'd buy when Fender came out with the other Tone Masters. I'll probably get one in about a year.
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2275
    I’m clearly alone in this, but I find the idea of buying a modelling amp with one model completely nuts. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2021
    rze99 said:
    I’m clearly alone in this, but I find the idea of buying a modelling amp with one model completely nuts. 
    How do you find the idea of buying a great sounding Super Reverb with built in attenuation and great sounding speaker emulated DI out in a solid pine cab that you can easily carry in one hand? 

People who want these don’t want a “modelling amp” as you are conceiving it.
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2275
    Lewy said:
    rze99 said:
    How do you find the idea of buying a great sounding Super Reverb with built in attenuation and great sounding speaker emulated DI out in a solid pine cab that you can easily carry in one hand? 

Yes it has appeal put like that. 

And I see it’s not for modelling amp fans.  

I suppose It’s because I already have attenuators for my classic valve amps that I’d want more options if it’s not actually the classic valve amp.

If I’m buying something that’s not actually valve I want more variety out of it, like the Yammie THR stuff which is very good. 

It’s just not my market I suppose. 
    rze99 said:
    So do I.

I want a modelling amp with two models.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    rze99 said:
    Lewy said:
    rze99 said:

Yes it has appeal put like that. 

And I see it’s not for modelling amp fans.  

I suppose It’s because I already have attenuators for my classic valve amps that I’d want more options if it’s not actually the classic valve amp.

If I’m buying something that’s not actually valve I want more variety out of it, like the Yammie THR stuff which is very good. 

It’s just not my market I suppose. 
    Yes exactly - if you already have a valve amp you love and an attenuator that works with it and don’t want/need any of the convenience features like DI and weight then the ToneMaster range probably doesn’t offer much to turn your head. Which happens to be where I’ve ended up, having owned a ToneMaster Deluxe Reverb I’m now using a Fryette Power Station and a few valve amps. But I still highly rate the ToneMasters for what they offer in a single package.
  • When I play through my TMDR I never feel like I’m playing through a computer/modeller. I really don’t. I actually feel like and I’m telling myself I’m playing through a valve deluxe reverb. Don’t know about anyone else?. The look of it definitely plays that trick rather than looking down at what looks to be a pretty spaceship with lots of nice lights.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26912
    When I play through my TMDR I never feel like I’m playing through a computer/modeller. I really don’t. I actually feel like and I’m telling myself I’m playing through a valve deluxe reverb. Don’t know about anyone else?. The look of it definitely plays that trick rather than looking down at what looks to be a pretty spaceship with lots of nice lights.

Exactly. It's largely because most modellers model the amp, cab, speaker, microphone and a bit of recording chain so you get the sound of a Deluxe Reverb in a room at Abbey Road or whatever. That's lovely, but not the same as the TM, which only models the amp, and then feeds that into a real speaker and cab to give you the sound of a Deluxe Reverb in your own house. 

It also looks and feels like an amp to use, which I'm sure can't hurt.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • When I play through my TMDR I never feel like I’m playing through a computer/modeller. I really don’t. I actually feel like and I’m telling myself I’m playing through a valve deluxe reverb. Don’t know about anyone else?. The look of it definitely plays that trick rather than looking down at what looks to be a pretty spaceship with lots of nice lights.

Exactly. It's largely because most modellers model the amp, cab, speaker, microphone and a bit of recording chain so you get the sound of a Deluxe Reverb in a room at Abbey Road or whatever. That's lovely, but not the same as the TM, which only models the amp, and then feeds that into a real speaker and cab to give you the sound of a Deluxe Reverb in your own house. 

It also looks and feels like an amp to use, which I'm sure can't hurt.
    Absolutely!

Looking forward to Head to head of the Super on “The Pedal Show” I reckon they will love this. Hopefully they play around with the controls more and don’t compare with the same settings. Forgive me if I’m wrong on that it was a while ago since I watched it 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26912

Absolutely!

Looking forward to Head to head of the Super on “The Pedal Show” I reckon they will love this. Hopefully they play around with the controls more and don’t compare with the same settings. Forgive me if I’m wrong on that it was a while ago since I watched it 
    I reckon they'll hate it :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom