One of my old guitars at Essex Recording Studios!

What's Hot
Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22685
Idly browsing Reverb this evening, I found a rather nice Edwards Flying V offered by our old pals at Essex Recording Studios! 

Apparently this one was once owned by famed producer and Judas Priest touring guitarist Andy Sneap, which is pretty cool.

I used to own one of these so I took a closer look... and lo and behold, it is my old one!  Cost me £550 imported from Japan in 2007.  I could buy it back now for just £2,999, which is not far off the price of the Gibson it's based on...

https://reverb.com/uk/item/34525418-esp-edwards-custom-flying-v-artist-owned-by-famous-guitarist-metal-producer-andy-sneap

7reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9653
    edited July 2021
    So, @Philly_Q may well be your FB name, but actually you’re Andy Sneap. You’ve been rumbled ;-)
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2627
    So, thinking about how Ian Elson would make an excellent episode of The Cook Report, you could do a programme interviewing all the people this chap namecheck about the guitars they supposedly owned once. I suppose it would depend on how much they'd like the idea of exposing a cheap ... well, overpriced, actually ... conman.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10170
    edited July 2021
    Do you know if it was owned by Andy Sneap? Did you sell it to him?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3043
    https://reverb.com/uk/item/36440345-black-label-society-zakk-wylde-band-artist-owned-tour-guitar-gibson-gothic-flying-v

Fancy paying £7k for a guitar owned by some one who exposed himself to a child?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9575
    It’s not nice to criticise a philanthropist who runs a charity supporting struggling musicians, come on now guys.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4664
    hmmm same chap has just tried to have me over on a deal i think 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11484
    This guy's gear is so ludicrously over-priced and is described with such laughably gushing hyperbole, I'm frankly astounded he sells anything.  Previous threads suggest he isn't someone you'd want to pass on the street, let alone do business with.

Andy Sneap?  Never heard of him.
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1286
    hmmm same chap has just tried to have me over on a deal i think 
    Do tell
    i would rather not get involved in a public hanging @Seziertisch ;
    feel free to PM me and i shall explain 
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    I saw another nice looking ex Andy Sneap edwards Flying V a little while ago . 
    Does this mean he likes them or that he doesn’t like them ?!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22685
    Do you know if it was owned by Andy Sneap? Did you sell it to him?
    It definitely has been owned by Andy Sneap, and quite recently - there's a YouTube video linked in that Reverb ad where he's talking about some of his guitars and other studio equipment, and there it is, along with a white Edwards V (I had one of those too!) and another ESP(?) V.

But no, I didn't sell it to Andy Sneap, I could probably find out later who I did sell it to but I'd remember if it was him! :)
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1286
    i would rather not get involved in a public hanging @Seziertisch ;
    feel free to PM me and i shall explain 
    I’m sure it’s not that interesting. Based on previous posts, you were likely the seller, he lowballed you, you declined his offer, umbrage on his part ensued
    nah there was bit more to it than that, thankfully i had read various bits on here and pulled out 
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4154
    Stevepage said:
    https://reverb.com/uk/item/36440345-black-label-society-zakk-wylde-band-artist-owned-tour-guitar-gibson-gothic-flying-v

Zakk Wylde exposed himself to a child?
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24163
    Stevepage said:

What?

I've never heard this.
    Not Zakk Wylde, Nick Catanese.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Offset said:
    This guy's gear is so ludicrously over-priced and is described with such laughably gushing hyperbole, I'm frankly astounded he sells anything.  Previous threads suggest he isn't someone you'd want to pass on the street, let alone do business with.

That's coz he's better known as Philly_Q.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    Stevepage said:

What?

I've never heard this.
    He doesn't hide his light under a bushel...

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    Offset said:

:D He really isn't!  

There is a very slight general resemblance.  I've got a bit more hair, he's got a better beard and he's probably about a foot taller.

And I don't own any leather clothing.

Photos Judas Priest at The Warfield San Francisco CA June 24th 2019   MetalSucks
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11484
    Philly_Q said:
    Sassafras said:
    Offset said:

:D He really isn't!  

There is a very slight general resemblance.  I've got a bit more hair, he's got a better beard and he's probably about a foot taller.

And I don't own any leather clothing.

Photos Judas Priest at The Warfield San Francisco CA June 24th 2019   MetalSucks
    I bet that V has the worst-ever case of buckle-rash.