Vintage Marshall Plexi

spirit7spirit7 Frets: 338
Hi all -- am very strongly considering the purchase of an old ('67-'69) Plexi, if certain conditions this year are met :)  I already have two Marshalls (stock '83 JCM 800 vertical input; Dan Gower modded '83 Super Bass) but fancy a NMV!

Thoughts, things to look out for, reasonable prices, and reputable dealers in the UK greatly appreciated!  No need, though, to advise on how loud they are - I know, and yes it will be played at home (as well as out/in the studio) with a Fryette PS2 ;).

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I’ve bought parts in the past from ampaholics (never an amp though) and Guitar Avenue seem well regarded but I’ve not bought from them at all. Therefore, No affiliation with either though.

I don’t want to teach you to suck eggs but if you want ‘that 60s plexus sound’, the right cab is also important ideally with some nice pre-rolas in it….
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2574
    tFB Trader
    The circuit varied a lot between 67 and 69, so one amp to the next will not sound the same. you either need to be more specific about what you want or just take what you can get.

The more original the more you will pay.