Who owns a Waza Air?

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
I'd like to get back into this glorious hobby but these days I think headphone based shananigans are the only realistic way.

I have a HX Stomp I could dig out but thinking about the Waza Air too (I could sell some pedals to fund)

Who has one? How are you liking it? (Prefer opinions based on a bit of time rather than honeymoon-period feedback, but I'll take either :-) )
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Funkydung!Funkydung! Frets: 32
    I have one, had it for about a year. I really like it. You can use pedals with it as well, just have to remember to nudge to output jack every now and then as it goes in to standby after a while if not moving
    I just use the surround or studio settings don’t really use the live setting as I feel it’s a bit weird. 
    Really comfy headphones and sound good when  playing along with backing tracks. 
    Overall I think they are great and really good with out all the leads etc. You can sit in the garden or where ever?
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    I will get one at some point - they look superb.
  • eoinzyeoinzy Frets: 128
    edited July 2022
    -
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10178
    Meeee! I use it every day. It’s great!
  • smigeonsmigeon Frets: 283
    edited July 2021
    I have some too - had them about 6 months. I use them daily for practice. The sound is really superb and has far more of that "amp in the room" feel than plugging regular headphones into a regular modeller. I also think that being without wires is unexpectedly liberating - you can walk around and play without any distractions.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    Very promising. 

I think I'd use one more than I'd get out a Stomp and power supply and cable, and the ability to stream a backing track without more faff is a big sell. 

I think once I'm back up and running after my Op I'll put a bunch of pedals up for sale and get one. 

Cheers 
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1287
    I am in a situation where I can’t leave gear out or set up, I can’t play with any real volume after 7pm or so and have limited playing time, sometimes only 10 or 15 minutes at the end of the day.

Since getting the Waza Air headphones I have found myself playing more and more likely to play as they are so quick to set up. Take them out of the drawer, plug them in, away you go. 

I was hesitant about getting them owing to the cost, but in reality I use them a lot more than most of the other gear I own, so if value is assessed in terms of how much you use something then they are very good value, to me at least.
    edited August 2021
    Slight thread derail: What I'd quite like is an amp that sounds like the Waza Air headphones do on clean. I like the default Waza Air clean, but with the reverb dialled back a bit. Anyone got any suggestions for such an amp? 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17584
    tFB Trader
    The default clean amp on anything make by Boss is usually a JC-120 so maybe a JC-40?
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    The default clean amp on anything make by Boss is usually a JC-120 so maybe a JC-40?
    The Roland Cube amps on their clean/JC setting sound lovely imho 
    Red ones are better. 
    Strangely, I already have a JC-40. It sounds good to me but not anywhere near as good as the Waza Airs!
  • richhrichh Frets: 450
    I've had a Waza Air for nearly a year.

Yes, it is great, purely for the fact that I've managed to play a lot more than I'd have otherwise been able to.  When you can play along with backing tracks or tuition videos, it is really useful, and takes seconds to set up.

It is quite expensive in one sense, but once you start using it on a regular basis it is so worth it.  

I do prefer playing a real amp, but a 4.30 in the morning that doesn't always go down so well with family and neighbours.
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    Picked up a set on the fleabay virtually unused at a snip. They have revitalised my practice especially when others at home/asleep
  • wingo84wingo84 Frets: 42
    I got a set when they first came out. They are incredibly handy. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6771
    edited August 2021
    New firmware update out finally allows the gyro to be locked (so you can use Stage mode with fixed audio position) - need to update firmware via PC/usb cable, and get new IOS app. Worth doing though!

Firmware update process here:-
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • eoinzyeoinzy Frets: 128
    edited July 2022
    -
    edited August 2021
    eoinzy said:
    mrkb said:
    New firmware update out finally allows the gyro to be locked (so you can use Stage mode with fixed audio position) - need to update firmware via PC/usb cable, and get new IOS app. Worth doing though!

Firmware update process here:-

They kept that quiet. What else is in the update? Can't find much info on it.
    Think the only other stuff was to make it work with their new wireless expression pedal.

https://youtu.be/2bJSjcrSzGY
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10178
    You can use it with the wireless expression pedal???!!!!
    You can use it with the wireless expression pedal???!!!!
    Yes, and you can also plug a 2 switch foot switch into the expression pedal and change patch/ switch stuff on the headphones.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    I’ve just got a pair of these… wow, they are very impressive. Review to follow.