SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT/FS 2003 Gibson ES137 ( Sorted)

wrinkleygitwrinkleygit Frets: 274
edited August 2021 in Guitars £
In all my years I had never owned a semi, bought this recently, but sadly we haven’t bonded.
  Previous owner had it from new and only used it at home, it’s in excellent condition with only a few small laquer cracks , probably from how it sat on a stand, barely visible and don’t show in the photo’s. Sounds way better than any LP I’ve owned without the weight penalty, but having grown up with strats, teles, LPs and SGs it’s the bulk of the body I can’t get used to.
  It owes me £1500, happy to add cash for the right guitar or sell cash on collection, any trades would have to be reasonable drive from Sunny Devon.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w986b9kggyfyntt/AACJh4WskYQINqZ0Jnh1S3r-a?dl=0

Apologies, despite the excellent instructions my aged brain still can’t embed Dropbox images !!!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8964
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Lovely. I had the ES-137 Custom (this one's the Classic, of course) and it was probably, in terms of build quality and appointments, the best guitar that I'd had at that point. It's still up there with the best of them.

It's a nice size, being shallower than an ES-175, and without the Varitone, is a less weighty beast than the Custom. I think the Classic is almost a couple of pounds lighter than the Custom.

That looks a very nice guitar indeed.
    Call me Dave.
  • Traded locally for a McCarty, thanks for all the replies, Mike.