SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED - JV Squier Strat.

What's Hot
flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
edited August 2021 in Guitars £
Looking for the above? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There was one on here that sold just recently. Was it not you that bought it? 
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    There was one on here that sold just recently. Was it not you that bought it? 
    No not me unfortunately - it had just sold after I PM’d about it - and at a very good price to :(

• Delaware_123Delaware_123 Frets: 92
    edited August 2021
    What a shame. Not sure with that guitar, it changed hands 3 times in under a year so who knows. I’ve just bought one in almost Unplayed condition for £900 and it is seriously the best guitar I’ve ever played. The original USA Fullerton pickups are really special aswell. Good luck mate I will keep my eyes open for you. 
    What a shame. Not sure with that guitar, it changed hands 3 times in under a year so who knows. I’ve just bought one in almost Unplayed condition for £900 and it is seriously the best guitar I’ve ever played. The original USA Fullerton pickups are really special aswell. Good luck mate I will keep my eyes open for you. 
     It did look as if it had been ‘well loved’?? so maybe dodged a bullet there? ;) Wow! Sounds like you’ve got a keeper there, congratulations :+1: I have also messaged a guy on FB marketplace, who’s got what looks a very nice example? But  as of yet his not replied ???
    So guessing it’s probably already sold?  It wasn’t you was it! :) 

Cheers mate I appreciate that.  :+1: 

• Is it the black one with maple neck for £899? If so that is the one I purchased. I did notice he hasn’t taken the ad down yet. All I can say is if you get one that hasn’t been messed with then you wouldn’t want to swap out saddles or bridge or anything really, there perfect as they are. I have two jv strats and two jv teles now, I’ve really caught the bug lol 
  • flyingv said:
    Yep that is the one, he didn’t seem to have any interest in it other than me, it was forsale for ages. It is a very good one and completely original. Another will come up soon enough 
    Nice score, we’ll done :+1: 
    enjoy!
    edited August 2021
    Still l@@king 
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    I've got one, although it is a bit of a Heinz 57, so not ideal if you want one as it left the factory.  It was sold to me 2nd hand by a guitar shop as a JV strat, but I later was told it had various bits that were not original.  Anyway, it is a sunburst strat with maple neck, a lot of genuine player wear, it has been gigged and used a lot.

If of interest, please PM me?
    richh said:
    I've got one, although it is a bit of a Heinz 57, so not ideal if you want one as it left the factory.  It was sold to me 2nd hand by a guitar shop as a JV strat, but I later was told it had various bits that were not original.  Anyway, it is a sunburst strat with maple neck, a lot of genuine player wear, it has been gigged and used a lot.

If of interest, please PM me?
    PM’d
  • Eviltwin14Eviltwin14 Frets: 101
    Maybe worth taking a look on Zenmarket
    https://zenmarket.jp/en/yahoo.aspx?c=22436&q=squier%2bJV
    I'm mid process buying a guitar from Zenmarket and so far so good. Shipping via Fed Ex has been quoted at £55 and you can expect to pay import duty of 20-25% I believe but that would still be a lot less than £899 quoted for the one above.

Cheers @ beed84 I’ve requested more detailed pics etc :+1: 
    @Eviltwin14 definitely worth looking into?? Thanks very much :+1: 
  • CostelloCostello Frets: 44
    If looking at buying from Japan, it's worth being very sure of what you're buying. The JV Squiers responsible for the range's reputation were made for the export market. The guitars for the domestic (Japan) market were lower spec, e.g. the authentic USA pickups were export only. So I imagine it would be easier to find the 'better' JVs in the UK. 

I bought a pre-owned JV Strat (export) about 10 years ago and found the 21 Frets forum a good source of information. No idea if it's much used these days but worth a look if it's still running. 

A lot of people now question the relative quality of JVs against what you can buy today, suggesting the prices are over-inflated and better options are on the table. Depending on what you want from a guitar, that may be true. All I can say is that mine has something about it that makes me want to pick it up and play - and this despite that fact I'm not keen on the vintage radius fretboard. Occasionally I think about getting a new neck with a more bend-friendly radius but I worry it might lose something! Also, the body carve is sublime.  

Don't shy away from one with dings and chips. For a poly finish non-high-end guitar the JV finishes are pretty thin. Mine has plenty of 'character' - because it wants to be played! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Costello said:
    If looking at buying from Japan, it's worth being very sure of what you're buying. The JV Squiers responsible for the range's reputation were made for the export market. The guitars for the domestic (Japan) market were lower spec, e.g. the authentic USA pickups were export only. So I imagine it would be easier to find the 'better' JVs in the UK. 

I bought a pre-owned JV Strat (export) about 10 years ago and found the 21 Frets forum a good source of information. No idea if it's much used these days but worth a look if it's still running. 

A lot of people now question the relative quality of JVs against what you can buy today, suggesting the prices are over-inflated and better options are on the table. Depending on what you want from a guitar, that may be true. All I can say is that mine has something about it that makes me want to pick it up and play - and this despite that fact I'm not keen on the vintage radius fretboard. Occasionally I think about getting a new neck with a more bend-friendly radius but I worry it might lose something! Also, the body carve is sublime.  

Don't shy away from one with dings and chips. For a poly finish non-high-end guitar the JV finishes are pretty thin. Mine has plenty of 'character' - because it wants to be played! 
    Thanks @ Costello, wise words’ especially regarding domestic / export  guitars ??? much appreciated.
  • Is it the black one with maple neck for £899? If so that is the one I purchased. I did notice he hasn’t taken the ad down yet. All I can say is if you get one that hasn’t been messed with then you wouldn’t want to swap out saddles or bridge or anything really, there perfect as they are. I have two jv strats and two jv teles now, I’ve really caught the bug lol 
    Did you buy it from a guy called Darryl...? Sorry, can't see the imgur pics posted above but there's one on Facebook marketplace right now near Reading.

Be wary, however, as I'm looking at buying a looper off the guy but he's only accepting bank transfer and also has a PS5 for sale which he "accidentally ordered 2 of" which is putting me off...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1497
    Costello said:

I had mine refretted to 9.5’’ with medium jumbos a few years back and it definitely didn’t lose its mojo, worth considering as I have had mine for 25 years so was nervous about doing it! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2021
    Is it the black one with maple neck for £899? If so that is the one I purchased. I did notice he hasn’t taken the ad down yet. All I can say is if you get one that hasn’t been messed with then you wouldn’t want to swap out saddles or bridge or anything really, there perfect as they are. I have two jv strats and two jv teles now, I’ve really caught the bug lol 
    Did you buy it from a guy called Darryl...? Sorry, can't see the imgur pics posted above but there's one on Facebook marketplace right now near Reading.

Be wary, however, as I'm looking at buying a looper off the guy but he's only accepting bank transfer and also has a PS5 for sale which he "accidentally ordered 2 of" which is putting me off...
    The one your talking about  in Reading @simonhpieman is a scam….BEWARE! ….the photos been lifted from eBay, That actual guitar is located in Japan! The one @Deleware123 bought was from a guy called Keith in Surrey.. I lucked out on that one

No I got mine from a guy called Keith. Be very wary with this guy called Daryl I think he’s a scammer.