Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Vibe pedals…

What's Hot

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2894
    Not a boutique option and kind of boring but I really liked my TC Viscous Vibe. It did the thick swirlies nicely and has the ramp feature on the footswitch.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1596
    Well I have the Magma 57 here today and it’s pretty good. I wouldn’t say it’s a vibe but it does do a nice throb. It’s certainly a lovely pedal. 
    I look forward to testing it AB against some of the competition. 

Interestingly I much preferred this pedal with the fuzzface (pedal pawn) before it. 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6683
    DoctorX said:
    Funny you say that, a mate of mine has got the Retrovibe. Before I re-bought the Dry Bell last year I was considering checking out the Jam instead and asked him what he thought of it. He wasn’t impressed by it at all and advised me against it. I’m seeing him next weekend so will check it out.
    Thing is there's so many classic vibe tones one can chase that a lot of them can do one or the other quite well. Also, the Retrovibe MK2 has an internal intensity trimmer that drastically affects the sound. For me the extra controls on the Drybell are so wide and interactive it's hard to balance them in the Goldilocks zone. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1555
    Agreed, I’ve owned quite a few vibes over the years. In order of preference (least to best):

Pickle Vibe < Voodoo Lab Microvibe < Deja Vibe Black < Deja Vibe White < Dry Bell < Magma57 < Skreddy Swirl < Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe TC < Jam Retrovibe Mk2

As mentioned above the Magma is a lovely pedal but it’s clearly not a true vibe. The retrovibe just has a fantastic tone to it!
    edited August 2021

Ooh I'll play too. 

Lovepedal Vibronaut
    JHS Unicorn V2
    TC Vibe (one of the digital ones)
    Phase 95 being used as a Vibe
    Dunlop Rotovibe
    Keeley Hydra harmonic trem used as a vibe.
    Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
    Voodoo Microvibe
    Digitech Ventura Vibe
    Drybell Vibe Machine 2 (x2)
    Jam Retrovibe mk2 (x2)
    Castledine Supra-Vibe

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    Right you lot, this is the first through the door. It isn’t a vibe as we’ve said but tone wise? I don’t think this is too shabby. 

Fuzz before it via a pedal pawn fuzz into a DWJ Bluesmaster. 

That's a good baseline. Absolutely useable if not the full univibe extravaganza. Sounds better than harmonic trem types doing the same thing. 

@soma1975 i agree totally. I was going to have a look at getting my hands on a good harmonic trem to join this shootout. 

I’m actually quite impressed with the Magma.
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    I had two shin ei univibes. I kept the vibe baby from classic amplification. 
    lukedlb said:
    I think it's time you did a demo of this because you have made me want to try one for ages but very little online about them.

• breezytelebreezytele Frets: 273
    edited August 2021
    My first vibe was (after reading umpteen guitar forums) a Castledine vibe. 
    years later I added an electronic orange ‘moon vibe’ (heard Paul Stacey using one at the 606 club)

I still have both, and have never bought or tried any other .

the only one that could  tempt me would be the vibe baby from Classic amplification 

oh, and btw , most vibe threads are long with gazillions of suggestions !
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 360
    I’ve a custom shop jam retro Vibe v2 and a fox Rox aquavibe. Love both of them, but the aquavibe is my favourite. Glad I bought it when I did as it’s been discontinued for the time being. Lack of quality photocells about apparently!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    has anyone on here had the pleasure of a sir henry?
    soma1975 said:
    lukedlb said:
    I think it's time you did a demo of this because you have made me want to try one for ages but very little online about them.
    You’re right, you’re right. How’s this:
    https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/pB9K5NGGMdvAEG2D8
    lukedlb said:
    soma1975 said:
    lukedlb said:
    Sounds great. 

bbill335 said:
    Yeah but it was just a bit of fun that got out of hand and we don't talk about it any more. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    bbill335 said:
    They cause you all sorts of difficulty at airport scanners...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    soma1975 said:
    lukedlb said:
    soma1975 said:
    lukedlb said:
    Sounds great. 
    Right? I'm gonna reduce the internal trim just a tad. I also discovered a very interesting sound with the speed at max: it seems unaffected but any vibe but it's interesting nonetheless. 

Hendrix is oft associated with the Chorus side of the Univibe but he also recorded equally with the vibrato side too.
    New Sabbadius Tiny Vibe in 68 and 69 variants. 

@soma1975 i watched those last night and tried to find a place to order one but couldn’t find anywhere.