Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Vibe pedals…

What's Hot

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    My Retrovibe is now in the classifieds as I need the tiny board space of the Vibe Machine even if the retrovibe sounds better. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    soma1975 said:
    My Retrovibe is now in the classifieds as I need the tiny board space of the Vibe Machine even if the retrovibe sounds better. 
    Come on now, the correct solution is to get a bigger board to fit the Retrovibe, then find you also have space for a couple more pedals…
    I know but then I need a bigger living room, which will be hard after my girlfriend has kicked me out for filling the house with crap again.

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    I always thought the vibe machine sounded anaemic tbh
    edited October 2021
    I always thought the vibe machine sounded anaemic tbh
    Heard but not owned a V1 and it was lovely.
    Owned 2 x V2s and they were fine if not mega mega.
    This new V3 one sounds a lot lot better than either to my ears. Good enough for me (for now)

• DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 365
    edited October 2021
    ^did a side by side comparison between a v2 Vibe Machine and a mate’s Jam Retrovibe and we both preferred the Dry Bell. I guess it was only a sample of 1 and he might have just got a bad one, but the Jam was pretty thin sounding, didn’t have much in the way of lows. He said he’d spoken to a jam customer service about it and they told him it’s supposed to sound like that.

I tried to order a Sir Henry for an unnecessary 2nd pedalboard I’m putting together but have given up and ordered another Weaver instead (Violet to go along with my Midnight). 
    Absolutely no issue with the lows or the depth on the retrovibe. Maybe someone had adjusted the trimmer incorrectly? 

• mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    Just checked RJs demo... Sounds promising
    I think the official demo sounds a bit better but overall it sounds a lot less 'phaser' ish than the previous incarnation. 

• DoctorX said:
    ^did a side by side comparison between a v2 Vibe Machine and a mate’s Jam Retrovibe and we both preferred the Dry Bell. I guess it was only a sample of 1 and he might have just got a bad one, but the Jam was pretty thin sounding, didn’t have much in the way of lows. He said he’d spoken to a jam customer service about it and they told him it’s supposed to sound like that.

I tried to order a Sir Henry for an unnecessary 2nd pedalboard I’m putting together but have given up and ordered another Weaver instead (Violet to go along with my Midnight). 

What was the issue with your Sir Henry order? I've only ever had good dealings with Dustin.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited October 2021
    bbill335 said:
    has anyone on here had the pleasure of a sir henry?

I had one, it's good but didn't blow me away. Very clinical. Which is my opinion of the Shin-Ei, too. Almost sterile, IMO. Great sounding though, just remember being happier with my old vibe machine V2 and Sweet Sound. But memories are deceiving sometimes, arent they.
    Hi, my thoughts on this.

I had mojo vibe - sweet sound (ultra vibe smaller) and I currently have shiftee - unique vibe.  Mojo vibe it's good, shiftee is better because of headroom. Not sure about ultra vibe.

Shiftee  has more "headroom" cause it's on 24v. No longer made, pretty big throb. Mine has a defect, sometimes need
    to push even 10 times until it starts to wobble. If I first start it the preamp and then wait a bit and then push the second button
    tends to work better. Dont know, maybe it needs to warm up or smth.

Also have the rx weaver - violet vibe which is good, but seems like a bit slow on the wobble, but I left it on by mistake for a couple of days and it does not work anymore. Guessing the photocells gave. Shiftee seemed better.

Kingtone seems to be pretty good. I mean the guy that produces it has a video with kingtone 1968 vs real univibe 1968
    and to my ears he is not far. Think it's on 18v.

Now, because of too much "gas" bought the new "shin ei" vibe bro also, but it will arrive in one week or so...in videos seemed pretty ok.

Wanted to get a Sir henry as it is good also, but in this video 
    shiftee seems to win.

Kingtone I do like the size and really appreciate he did the A/B comparison. Really honest and the double speed is cool, cause
    no one wants another expression pedal.

Vibe machine and jam retro also seem like solid choices, also the funky vibe.

Shiftee has a bigger brother which also not being made anymore. There was one this weekend on ebay which sold
    for more than 1500 usd. I am pretty sure it was good, but at these prices considering at this point to save up and buy a real one.

I really liked the shiftee and always thought it sounded the better of the two in that particular video. I'd love to try one of his pedals.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 365
    DoctorX said:

What was the issue with your Sir Henry order? I've only ever had good dealings with Dustin.
    No big drama or anything, just slow going comms. I emailed him on 8th September asking if I could order one. He replied quickly to tell me the price & that I could either pay the full amount or 50% deposit to secure my order & get on the list (2-3 month wait). I replied to say great and that I’d like to pay 50%.
    I didn’t get a reply to that. On 20th Sep I emailed again asking how to pay the deposit. He replied on 24th to say he could email me a PayPal invoice if I gave him my PayPal email address. I replied straight away and still haven’t heard anything back from him since. I really can’t be bothered chasing him up so ordered the Violet Vibe on Saturday and it’s already been shipped.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Definitely sounds better than the Vibe Machine v2 there

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    I watched that and thought so too. 
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3041
    Mine arrived this morning. Not had chance to plugin yet...
    @robinbowes what does that mean? Are you saying there are things more important than pedals???
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3041
    shaunm said:
    @robinbowes what does that mean? Are you saying there are things more important than pedals???
    I don't even use pedals - I've got an Helix!
    shaunm said:
    I don't even use pedals - I've got an Helix!
    I don’t understand? I don’t speak Spanish 
  • HottubesHottubes Frets: 394
    Not been through a lot of vibe pedals. Had the VL microvibe hated it just so bland sounding funnily enough i didn't like their sparkle drive either very anemic.

Then got a sweet sound mojo vibe that was a lot better imho.

Then i purchased a smallbox kr megavibe and boom there it was the vibe sound i heard on hendrix tunes. So bought a largebox one also.

Game over for me haven't look at another or even gassed for one since.

The kr's with the kr gypsy fuzz are killer. Imho.
    Vibe Machine V3 coming tomorrow.