Long Covid with no symptoms?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• relic245relic245 Frets: 444
    octatonic said:
    Do people know what the possibility is of having long Covid without having tested positive for Covid and being double vaxxed?

I have a friend who has recently been in hospital for quite a long time with severe breathing difficulties. 

They told her that it is long covid related and she has permanent lung damage. 

She was not aware of having covid and was double jabbed early on as she is in her 60's. 

So yes, it's possible. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • For what it's worth, my wife and I had almost all of those symptoms when we got ill recently. All tests were negative. For me, it passed within a few days, but six weeks later and she's still feeling effects (she nearly ended up in hospital).

It was actually a cold-like virus, which ended up as a chest infection for her and caused a major asthma flare-up. Nothing to do with COVID at all, and most likely down to the sudden exposure to other people which hadn't been a factor for 18 months.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 30948
    For what it's worth, my wife and I had almost all of those symptoms when we got ill recently. All tests were negative. For me, it passed within a few days, but six weeks later and she's still feeling effects (she nearly ended up in hospital).

It was actually a cold-like virus, which ended up as a chest infection for her and caused a major asthma flare-up. Nothing to do with COVID at all, and most likely down to the sudden exposure to other people which hadn't been a factor for 18 months.
    Yeah, it has been super weird- I was definitely sick with *something* I just didn't (and still don't) know what.
    Not flu, not a cold... something else.
    I don't think it was stressed- I don't have a stressful life compared to most people.

Glad that whatever it was is over though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom