SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD FS Nitro finished Fender Classic Player 50's 2TSB - FSR £700 collection

What's Hot
BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5123
edited December 2021 in Guitars £
SOLD

Fender Classic Player 50's in 2TSB, this is a FSR done in nitro. It also sports a lovely flamed maple neck. So it's basically an already insanely good value Classic Player with the addtion of that (some say....) magical tone giving nitrocellulose, which makes all bang average players into a guitar legend as soon as you strum an A5 chord....

BS aside, this is a great guitar, I bought it recently as I felt I wanted another strat, for reasons unknown to my insane brain and found this so I went all out. Subsequently after a setup its turned out to be a great guitar, and really resonant once I'd raised the action a bit. However it's up against a CS 56 relic (that needs a refret which I think is what made me look at this....) I don't need another guitar sat in its case not being played so I'm putting it up for sale. It's one of just over 300 made so I'm reliably informed.

Its more or less what I'd consider around shop soiled condition, I think it had been a bit of a case queen before and it comes with all the hang tag bits and bobs, manual, G&G case etc. the trem cover is there too. There are one or two minor marks on the body which are surface so may polish off, one slight surface scratch to the side, and the scratch plate shows signs of use, but otherwise its in very good to excellent condition.

Set up with a new set of 10's, very very minimal fret wear (if any), and its a very resonant and lively guitar! Weighs 3.45kg which is around 7lb 9oz so it's also a good weight for a Strat.

Looking for SOLD £700 inclusive of UK shipping (not including Highlands and Islands, that will be extra). Happy to ship or chat about collection/delivery, I travel a lot so plenty of options.

Any further questions or pics let me know.

Alder Body

2-Tone Nitrocellulose Finish 

Tinted Flamed Maple Soft V-shaped Neck and Fretboard 9.5" Radius 

21 Medium Jumbo Frets 

Three American Vintage Strat Single-coil Pickups

Reverse Wound/Reverse Polarity Middle Pickup 

25-1/2" scale 

5-position Pickup Switch 

2 Point Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles

Vintage-Style Locking Tuners 

Chrome Hardware 

One-Ply White Pickguard Aged Pick Up Covers, Knobs and Switch Tip 

Synthetic Bone Nut 

Black Tolex Case

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5123
    edited October 2021

Sold Elsewhere....

I bought this from the forum in 2019 - from RevMatt - it was looking a bit jaded and had seen some use over the years. The wiring had also seen better days but It did sound great however!

It was an original from Robs early days as Woodworm guitars (hence the neck plate), a custom order for a German guitarist who picked the fretboard logo of a chess King as that was his stage name I believe. 

So I decided to get in touch with Rob after deliberating for a bit and have the body sorted and resprayed, a black headstock overspray, and have a setup, rewire, new pots, new switch, new knobs, new neck plate, gold humbucker cover added, new screws etc.. I received it back in August last year. When I got it back the body looked great and Rob had done a good job of the headstock painting. I didn't have the neck refinished only polished leaving screw holes from some old tuners (pictured), the setup was done with 11-49. After a month or so the guitar seemed to develop a sitar sound on the B string which was slightly irritating so I stuck it in it's gig bag and played my other guitars instead. 

Fast forward to Jan/Feb I decided to fish it out again and thought it deserves sorting so I sent it to Jon at Feline Guitars (the best in the business for me) to sort it out and check out the set up for me. He also put an Earvana on for me as I really like them. Jon had it hardly any time at all and did an amazing job he also blocked the trem for me so it's dive only (reversible). He discovered that the sitar sound was due to there not being quite enough tension on the B string so he added a graphtech string tree for me. It now plays superbly, it's got rock solid tuning stability, and a nice lived in feel on the neck. It's got a full and rounded sound, almost SG like thanks to the combo of woods I guess, but it can do the strat thing easily too! It's always in tune when it comes out of the bag which is a good sign of quality.

Soooooo, after all that, why am I selling it? Well I'm a single cut player at heart really and I have other strats filling the hole but it is such a lovely guitar that is now about perfect and needs some love. Look at it, it's beautiful!! Anyway details below for anyone interested, happy to meet up or can arrange shipping whichever!

• Quilted Maple drop top on Mahogany body, reveal binding. 
    • Mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard - new black headstock face.
    • Its a 9.5" radius based on my gauges, modern Fender C style neck.
    • Chess King first fret inlay - side repeaters but no other markers.
    • Full body resto/respray - one very small burn mark is visible under the laquer near the bridge, however you can't feel it.
    • New electrics - new volume and tone pot, new 5 way, push/pull on tone for parallel bridge pickup, new gold cover on bridge pickup
    • Gotoh hardware throughout, Magnum Locking tuners staggered, EV510TS tremolo bridge with steel saddles and FST block
    • Pickups are handwired by Martin Dufficy from the Little Guitar Shop in Birmingham in October 2013 and are as follows:
    • The single coils are early Sixties style with 8300 turns of 42 gauge wire and a DC resistance of 6.1 k ohms.
    • The humbucker is a PAF style with total of 10,000 turns of 42 gauge wire and alnico 2 magnet, D.C. resistance of 7.1K ohms.
    • Switching is neck, neck/middle, middle, middle/bridge, bridge. The push/pull on the tone gives you parallel humbucker tones.

The bad bits:

Screw holes visible where the tuners were replaced before I owned the guitar, a couple of barely noticable dents in the back of the neck. There is some lacquer checks in the back of the neck, neither Rob or Jon believe these are problematic, just cracks from the usual years of use and temperature changes over the years. One visible small ex burn mark on the body, which can't be felt but can be seen!

Comes complete with a Fender Gig Bag. 

I'll be honest I have no idea where to pitch this and I'm open to suggestions and offers, with what I paid for the guitar, the restoration, and the work Feline did for me, I'm out of pocket to the tune of £1.7k+.... So I'm gonna start this one at £925PPG plus shipping. If anyone wants to chat to me, feel free!!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2021
    SOLD Pending 2017 R8 For Sale - Yes its one of them Peach guitars and one I never thought I'd sell either anguished 

Truth be told, I never play it and thats horrendous really isn't it. After Jon at Feline sorted my Standard, it's just hands down the equal of this (bear in mind Jon replaced the bridge and tailpiece with Faber bits, completely gutted the wiring for a 50's loom and installed some Vineham PAFs which are the bargain of the century), and it's already been beaten up for 22 years. If I play it into my amp, I can't really differentiate between the two at all (says more about me I think!).

Also I've actually finally bonded with strats and the CS I bought needs a refret so could do with the money and naff all else is selling is it!

If you're looking at this then you probably know what it is, true historic spec blah blah blah, plain top R8, with a 59 neck and a pair of custombuckers, this one is in the dirty lemon finish. Sounds amazing, and looks the biz too, it's in excellent condition, complete with case and the original box and papers, tags etc.I have changed the custom shop tag on the selector cover for the plastic one, but the original is in the case. Weighs 8lbs 10oz which according to the Beauty Of The Burst book is bob on average burst weight. Feels a lot lighter than my Standard at 9.5lbs!

Link to the original sale page, including a video demo from the amazing Jack.

https://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/solid-body/gibson-custom-58-les-paul-ltd-run-dirty-lemon-vos-87344.htm

Still can't believe I'm selling it, but c'est la vie....

I'm buggered if I know what the going rate is, so I'm looking for £2500 firm on the forum not including shipping as I'd sooner we do a deal in person so you can try it etc., it will be going on eBay this weekend also but obviously at a higher price as if I leave it for sale too long then I'll probably remove it  

Still can't believe I'm doing this..... FFS

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump

edited August 2021
    Bump - price drop on the Williams

Bump, if anyone is close or on the fence with these, message me you might be surprised.... ;)

Bump

• Bump

edited September 2021
    Bump - 2017 R8 from Peach added...........

edited September 2021
    Bump - 2017 R8 added and sold

• Bump

• Teatime bumpage

• Bump

• Bump

• Bump

• Bump

• Weekend bump

• Bump

• I just don't understand why that Strat hasn't sold...great price for a nitro finish with a great spec (and with G&G case and all the bits too !).

Perhaps you could get £900 from that chap in Bognor Regis ??!!
  • I just don't understand why that Strat hasn't sold...great price for a nitro finish with a great spec (and with G&G case and all the bits too !).

Perhaps you could get £900 from that chap in Bognor Regis ??!!
    Dunno either, what can you do!!

Whoever that is in Bognor I'd happily sell it to him for less than £900!!