Oil City Neo -X-Breed updates

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10220
edited August 2021 in Made in the UK tFB Trader

The whole pandemic thing seriously delayed the roll out of my new stable of 'extended range' Neo-X-Breed pickups. However they will start going up on the Oil City Pickups site as of next week! 

The premise behind Neo-X-Breeds was simple: the mainstream manufacturers were simply making 7 and eight string pickups that were rehashing their 6 string designs - sometimes simply in slightly different form factors - but still pickups designed for normal EBGDAE tuning and directly not too far in design Seth Lover's original 'bar magnet PAF'.

The Neo-X-Breed  was developed to use the best characteristics of both 'rare earth magnets' and conventional alnico or ceramic magnets to produce a smooth and musical top end (that neodymium alone struggles with) combined with the ultimate in tight, fast tracking bass. The X Breed uses our 'tuned magnet structure' where each string gets the strength of field it needs - not the same amount of field as a bar magnet gives. 
Our endorsee Jeff giving the conventional form factor 7 string versions a work out. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhVfetcTv6Y
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27419
    If I didn't know that you enjoyed it all (way too much), I'd say that you spend far too much time coming up with clever new designs  that illustrate just how lazy the main pickup makers all are!

Good to see you're still up to magic.
    :+1:
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10220
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    If I didn't know that you enjoyed it all (way too much), I'd say that you spend far too much time coming up with clever new designs  that illustrate just how lazy the main pickup makers all are!

Good to see you're still up to magic.
    :+1:
    I'm also designing and building cameras these days ... as the guitar pickup buying public are way to conservative and I need a challenge.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom