SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: J Joye Roadmaster Semi Hollow £400

What's Hot
JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8964
edited August 2021 in Guitars £
Those who do not know the exquisite tortures of GAS will scoff and deride, but I have been a very naughty boy again, and need to cleanse the Augean Stables of my music repository.

J Joye is a French builder based near Calais.  This gorgeous artefact is one of his more recent creations, and the original Reverb ad can be seen here.

Specs:

Body - alder semi-hollow with center block, aluminium engraved top

Neck - maple C shape, 25.5" scale, 22 frets. Ebony 9.5"radius fingerboard, clay dots. Bone nut. Nut width 42mm (1.65"), 1st fret thickness 23mm (.826"), 12th fret thickness (0.905"). 

Electronics - 2 single coil vintage classic, AlNico5, 1vol, 1 tone, 3 way switch 

Hardware - short bridge*, brass saddles*, vintage tuners. 

Finish - sonic blue, neck has an amber Danish oil finish. 

*Full disclosure: I got this from @dazzajl who purchased it new.  He changed the original bridge which was apparently not great to a rock solid Wilkinson model that's now on it.  I wondered about the tuners, but in fact they've proved solid.

It's light, twangy, responsive.  All the good things a decent Tele style could be.  I've just got guitars coming out of my ears and need to make some room.

Yours for £400.  Didn't come cased, but I'm sure I can find a gig bag to stuff it into.  Happy to discuss postage, if necessary/based Barnet (N London).

**SOLD 26/08/2021***

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Oh wow! That's super cool. A Trussart is one of my 'holy grail' guitars that I'll probably never be able to afford. This is like a Trussart at a 10th of the price.

What is it about the French and metal guitars - James Trussart, Loïc Le Pape, this dude...?!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • telehacktelehack Frets: 93
    Not trying to be a wiseguy, but 23mm is more like .90 in. Is the 23mm or .826 part correct?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6079
    Oh wow! That's super cool. A Trussart is one of my 'holy grail' guitars that I'll probably never be able to afford. This is like a Trussart at a 10th of the price.

What is it about the French and metal guitars - James Trussart, Loïc Le Pape, this dude...?!
    I’ve played a few Trussarts and I’ve owned this so I feel qualified to say that while the Trussart is better, it’s by 10/15%. Not a 1000%. The pickups are really nice and so is the neck. 
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8964
    telehack said:
    Not trying to be a wiseguy, but 23mm is more like .90 in. Is the 23mm or .826 part correct?
    Not a clue: got the specs from the maker’s advert. As he’s French id be inclined to imagine mm are more the thing… tried to use my tape measure but not accurate enough for me to advise definitively re the .074 inch :(
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3377
    Great price that, bargain I’d say. Glwts.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2931
    Lovely. Looks a wee bit like a Jooky Guitar !!
    Oh wow! That's super cool. A Trussart is one of my 'holy grail' guitars that I'll probably never be able to afford. This is like a Trussart at a 10th of the price.

They're mad for it.  Can't get enough of the mëtäl \m/
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    edited August 2021
    ***SOLD***
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • What is it they say about a fool and his money?!  =)
    edited August 2021
    What is it they say about a fool and his money?! 
    ...that they gravitate to the Fretboard Classifieds... D 

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom