SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Trade agreed…Fender American Original 60s Stratocaster Shell Pink - after a SG 61 Standard

What's Hot
chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4127
edited August 2021 in Guitars £
*Trade Pending…

Quite a specific trade request but I have a bad itch for a one of the recent Gibson "Original" SG 61 Standards with either the Maestro or Sideways Vibrola - I know they are rubbish vibrato systems but I think they look nice.

An SG is my first choice but I could be tempted my an AO 60s Tele, Gibson Les Paul or Gretsch Jet.

I can offer this lovely Strat as trade, bought brand new mid-July as my dream Strat.  It's great, I just need to accept that I am not a Strat player unfortunately... 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jabba74Jabba74 Frets: 56
    Just trade or a fs price also? Ta
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4127
    Jabba74 said:
    Just trade or a fs price also? Ta
    I would sell yes, just thought I’d see how the trade option went.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7357
    I can confirm that that is indeed a lovely strat, I've not played it or anything, but it looks lovely.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
    That’s lovely. I have a thing for shell pink strats at moment 
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1117
    Wish I had something to offer you as I’m after one of these and I’m in Stockport 
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    If I didn't already have an Olympic white AO60s strat I'd be 100% up for this. I have a nearly new 61 SG for sale in the classifieds here right now.
    If I didn't already have an Olympic white AO60s strat I'd be 100% up for this. I have a nearly new 61 SG for sale in the classifieds here right now.
    I have noticed the SG believe me!
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6079
    I love that you want the sideways trem, knowing it’s awful and won’t want to stay in tune. We’re from the same cloth. Lovely strat too 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajl said:
    I love that you want the sideways trem, knowing it’s awful and won’t want to stay in tune. We’re from the same cloth. Lovely strat too 
    To be fair the sideways trems do look the part and can be disabled under the cover and I believe easily reversed.

Not standing for calling the maestro rubbish though, possible to set them up to work great for light use, just don’t go all hair metal on them!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks everyone for the PMs, I do now have a trade agreed to take place on Thursday, fingers crossed.