SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - 2015 US Fender Strat, US G and L ASAT, Warmoth Hollow Tele, 1974 Gibson L6S

What's Hot
Andy_StringsAndy_Strings Frets: 210
edited September 2021 in Guitars £
I've bought a couple of very nice guitars from people on here recently and with gig money just starting to trickle... I really should clear out some of the others. You are very welcome to come here (Leeds) and play them or I can meet up within reason and post as a last resort but I'll need to take your advice on who to use for shipping.  The old Gibson has a hard case, I have one  spare gig bag and one spare hard case... but I'll work with you.

G&L ASAT Classic - modded.
USA Fullerton ASAT® Classic with CLF serial number but for some reason, G&L don't do the Bluesboy hollowbody in Fullerton so this has a Tribute body.  It's still rear contoured swamp ash body with F hole and you can't tell them apart. 
Standard USA spec (9.25 radius, medium jumbo frets etc) but this has a Seymour Duncan P-Rail in the neck which switched (convincingly) from single coil to P90 to humbucker via a mini toggle. Bridge pickup is a cloth wired vintage plus. Heads were changed but now back to G&L originals although it's left 6 screw holes.  It plays beautifully and is incredibly versatile... but I have Brent Masons for that.  £750

WARMOTH Drop Top 24 fret -very high spec Tele'
Every part was chosen specifically for the build and it uses the best of everything.
Chambered Warmoth body with selected AAAA figured maple 'drop' top with tummy and forearm contours, lowered neck pocket and easy access heel.  Special order 24 fret, Wenge neck with tulipwood fingerboard and Warmoth’s ‘wizard’ profile (slim D). 6105 frets with 10-16 compound radius. Mother of Pearl inlays and graphtech nut.
Fender American standard hardtail bridge and Kluson machine heads Individual coil taps on push/pull pots, 3 way switch and a pair of Bare knuckle emerald pickups.
It's another incredibly versatile guitar, the Warmoth bill alone was over £1,600, then £300 for the pickups, plus hardware, assembly, setup etc - it was not a cheap guitar but my fast neck days are over.  £750

1974 Gibson L6s Deluxe
All original except replaced machine heads (still 70's) very early L6-S Deluxe with 24 fret neck (the first solid body to have a double octave). Lots of high profile players used these - Carlos Santana, Mike Oldfield, Al Di Melos, Angus Young, Keef, Paul Stanley & Prince.

The body is the same shape as the L5S, like a wide but thin Les Paul but with two octaves. Bill Lawrence 'tar back' humbuckers are still measuring correctly and really do sound good. The necks on these had a unique “narrow at the nut then wider up the neck, there plenty online about it.  £1,400

AVRI '52 Telecaster 2016 - SOLD
One of the cleanest you will find, the thin skin nitro means they often look relied, this has small paint flakes on one edge - it's fabulous but if I gig it, I'll ruin it.  Absolutely complete with all the case candy, even the strap and 'vintage' lead. 

MIJ double bound, Nashville style Tele - SOLD
Hosco (Japan) neck and body, Blackberry burst with cream binding front and back.  Seymour Duncan neck & middle with Broadcaster bridge and 5 way switch.

2015 USA Fender Stratocaster American Special HSS  -  SOLD
Pretty much unplayed and with hang tags etc but I don't use the humbucker so I've bought DarcyM's Warmoth Strat which is more traditional. This is completely untouched and is all original spec.
'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 52 AVRI Now sold - thanks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2931
    edited August 2021
    Lovely guitars. That PRS lurking in the background  of the thinline Tele looks a bit tasty. 
  • GillyGilly Frets: 1306
    You must have some really nice guitars if these are the ones you’re selling!
  • Gilly said:
    I can confirm he has some exceptional guitars! I've played all of these on offer and they're all good'uns. Andy doesn't pick up any shite!

Buy in confidence! 
  • blueskunk said:
    Lovely guitars. That PRS lurking in the background  of the thinline Tele looks a bit tasty. 
    Thanks.  The PRS is a Brent Mason, one of the most versatile guitars they've ever made, bloody fabulous work tool.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Gilly said:
    Isn't that one of the greatest things about guitars? Your tastes could be so different to mine that you might hate the ones that I play the most and think I'm selling the wrong ones. 
  • Bump
  • Friday Bump
  • Nice Warmoth! Just how slim is that neck? And what is the body made from? Ash? Is it light? Does the neck have the adjuster near the heel on the treble side? Nut width? That's way too many questions, I know!
  • Zoonyboy said:
    Nice Warmoth! Just how slim is that neck? And what is the body made from? Ash? Is it light? Does the neck have the adjuster near the heel on the treble side? Nut width? That's way too many questions, I know!
    OK... I'll go in order; the neck is their Wizard profile, it's a teeny bit slimmer than a modern Fender.  A friend plays PRS Wide Slim and he says he's completely at home on it (which is probably why he keeps borrowing it).  The body is a flame maple drop top (not a veneer) on basswood, it weighs 6.8lbs.  It was slightly lighter but was a bit neck heavy on a strap so Chandlers set in a piece of Bubinga into the back and now it's perfectly balanced.  Yes, the neck is their 'modern' construction and has adjustment under the neck in the cutaway.  There is also a traditional adjuster at the heel, but I've never had to touch it.  Oh.. nut width measures up at 42.5 - which is confusing because Warmoth offer 42 & 43 so I'm guessing it's my measuring.  I'll dig the build sheets out and get the definitive size from there tomorrow after slight less wine!!

• I've had a glass myself. I forgot to ask about scale length....