Dirty Loops, now with added Cory Wong.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fobfob Frets: 1430
    exocet said:
    The video is a composite - Dirty Loops in Sweden, Cory Wong and crew in Minneapolis - I think the slightly unnerving longing looks was Cory Wongs idea to almost make it look like they were in the same studio. I think the soul less nature of the end result is also a consequence of everything being recorded separately in different continents. It's music for musos.....which I have a soft spot and something that I would pay to see live on a one off basis but that's about it. 
    Interesting! Still looks a bit odd but at least that explains oddness. Quite effective too, I wouldn't have picked that up from a casual viewing.

To be honest, I generally find Cory Wong/Vulfpack(?) a bit soulless. Something you'd get off on if you were in the room playing along but not as a listener. That said, there have been a few things I've heard of theirs that I do like at times so I must be giving them (me) enough chances to get to like them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    edited October 2021
    fob said:
    exocet said:
    The video is a composite - Dirty Loops in Sweden, Cory Wong and crew in Minneapolis - I think the slightly unnerving longing looks was Cory Wongs idea to almost make it look like they were in the same studio. I think the soul less nature of the end result is also a consequence of everything being recorded separately in different continents. It's music for musos.....which I have a soft spot and something that I would pay to see live on a one off basis but that's about it. 
    Interesting! Still looks a bit odd but at least that explains oddness. Quite effective too, I wouldn't have picked that up from a casual viewing.

To be honest, I generally find Cory Wong/Vulfpack(?) a bit soulless. Something you'd get off on if you were in the room playing along but not as a listener. That said, there have been a few things I've heard of theirs that I do like at times so I must be giving them (me) enough chances to get to like them.
    Didn't even realise - the Homo-erotic force was very much in evidence.

Loved the first video, and Rings of Saturn - right up my street.  Thriller cover was more than ok, but it's not as if the world needs yet another version <shrugs>.

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1957
    Jalapeno said:
    fob said:
    exocet said:

Didn't even realise - the Homo-erotic force was very much in evidence.

Loved the first video, and Rings of Saturn - right up my street.  Thriller cover was more than ok, but it's not as if the world needs yet another version <shrugs>.

I only know because I stumbled on a Cory Wong podcast yesterday where the process (sans homo eroticism) was described!

It is the kind of track that I’d play in the car, very loudly, when no one else is around. It’s the Victor Wooten quintuplet bass lick in the chorus that gets me - great rhythmic device.