SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Gretsch G5422TG 2016 with TV Jones T-Armond neck and HS Filtertron bridge

CirrusCirrus Frets: 8549
edited September 2021 in Guitars £
Great guitar, bought to play in a band that almost instantly ended so it's not getting the love it deserves.

This is the post-2016 update with the pinned bridge and better nut. It holds its tuning well with Bigsby use and is great to play with a comfortable neck and low action - set up by the Little Guitar Shop in Birmingham with 11-52s.

The pickups are upgraded - the T-armond neck in particular is amazing, very plummy vintage sound in the hollow body, nice and dynamic, the pickup costs £165 here in the UK, and the Bridge was changed from the stock Blacktop to a HS Filtertron for a bigger clean tone.

Pictured hardcase is included.

Condition is generally very good, only things of note are a dent in the binding on the bass side of the neck up at the 18th fret, and a couple of mismatched screws where, changing the pickups, I stripped the holes and replaced them. All pictured, if you have any questions though, don't hesitate to get in touch!

Collect in person only, but I'm happy to drive a fair distance to meet you.

£650

More Photos to be found here; https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWxz5Zy

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• THR1LLHAU5THR1LLHAU5 Frets: 181
    Lovely stuff! Good luck with sale mate! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6079
    The very best electromatic of them all in my book. And lovely upgrades too. 
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8549
    Bump for the weekend!
    And another weekend bump.

If anyone's been following this, they'll notice the pickups have changed; when I first listed this here, it had a TV Jones Brian Setzer Bridge pickup, and the HS Filtertron was in a solid body duo jet. But then I did some back and forth and decided that the janglier, more raw HS filtertron sounded better in the G5422, which has a naturally more open midrange anyway thanks to the hollow body, while the middier, more PAF-like TV Jones sounded better in the solid body duo jet, since it's halfway to a Les Paul anyway. So... IMO both guitars sound better now, and I've dropped the price by £50 to reflect the price difference between a Gretsch HS and TV filtertron.

This is a gorgeous guitar. I took it to practice last week, and the T-Armond through a loud but clean AC30 with Alnico cream is such a lush sound, especially on the low strings.  Then switching to bridge there's more compression and upper end jangle/ chime. And once there's overdrive/ distortion involved it gets mean and sounds really thick. The body does great acoustic feedback too if you really crank things up, when I got the volume and gain right it's almost e-bow like...
    As the french would say... Bump'a'la'bump