New Fractal FM9 floor unit - looks good!

What's Hot

Comments

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1808
    Hmm…do I need more than the FM3 gives me? I tend to use it in 4CM anyway (and use the amp modelling as a backup) - with the attached FC6 that’s 9 buttons…do I need 2 reverb blocks(no), 2 amp blocks (no) - the extra in/outs would be nice!! Now if it had an amp switching jack on it ala FX8 then I would be interested but with me being happy with my current presets I can’t see me getting one on the 1st run anyway - I have put myself on the waiting list though!!

I might wait for a AFXIII to come up used if someone is looking to sell when their name comes up on the FM9 waiting list…pair that with my FC6 and my Voes controller and there’s 11 buttons..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    welshboyo said:

I might wait for a AFXIII to come up used if someone is looking to sell when their name comes up on the FM9 waiting list…

That’ll be me then ;)
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    edited August 2021
    Info from G66 on cost and availability 

“Thank you for signing up for the FM9 waitlist. As usual, Fractal Audio will sell the first production run domestically as the final phase of their quality assurance process, so it will take a few weeks before it starts shipping internationally. The price should be about EUR 1899-1999 including VAT and three years' warranty - we will inform you when we get more details.“
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • welshboyo said:
    Hmm…do I need more than the FM3 gives me? I tend to use it in 4CM anyway (and use the amp modelling as a backup) - with the attached FC6 that’s 9 buttons…do I need 2 reverb blocks(no), 2 amp blocks (no) - the extra in/outs would be nice!! Now if it had an amp switching jack on it ala FX8 then I would be interested but with me being happy with my current presets I can’t see me getting one on the 1st run anyway - I have put myself on the waiting list though!!

I might wait for a AFXIII to come up used if someone is looking to sell when their name comes up on the FM9 waiting list…pair that with my FC6 and my Voes controller and there’s 11 buttons..

Can you use the FM3 in front of a valve amp and just use the FX?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    welshboyo said:

Can you use the FM3 in front of a valve amp and just use the FX?
    Yes, you can do that with any of the Fractal units.
    mrkb said:
    Waitlist@g66.com is the usual g66 join the waitlist email address.
    That doesn't work.
    I just emailed Sussi.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    DavusPG said:
    I'm getting one.
    It has half the power of an Axe-Fx 3, will that be enough for what you'd want it to do?

Dedicated chips for reverb though which helps to free up some CPU
    Yeah, the FM3 isn't enough on paper, but this has plenty of juice for me.
    Are we taking bets on how long before we get the inevitable "Went back to my tuba amps and THEY'RE ALL I EVA NEEEED" thread?

The FM9 looks awesome, although I'm still glad I got the AFX3 and FC12 - more powah!
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 446
    Yup, although I have a main preset on the AxeFx3 that runs at around 85%, in reality I only ever use a handful of the effects in it and rarely use dual amp blocks, so I expect the FM9 will be plenty for my needs.

Only thing with all floorbased units is they're susceptible to pints being dropped/spilt on them. Admittedly my FC12 is just as vulnerable but at least with that it's only the foot controller that gets buggered

All part of the fun that comes with playing at the Dog & Duck I guess!!!
  • FarleyUK said:
    DavusPG said:
    I'm getting one.
    It has half the power of an Axe-Fx 3, will that be enough for what you'd want it to do?

Dedicated chips for reverb though which helps to free up some CPU
    Yeah, the FM3 isn't enough on paper, but this has plenty of juice for me.
    Are we taking bets on how long before we get the inevitable "Went back to my tuba amps and THEY'RE ALL I EVA NEEEED" thread?

The FM9 looks awesome, although I'm still glad I got the AFX3 and FC12 - more powah!
    Effects only. Will probably sell my Quad Cortex and get one of these.

Bye!

• DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 446
    edited August 2021
    octatonic said:
    mrkb said:
    Waitlist@g66.com is the usual g66 join the waitlist email address.
    That doesn't work.
    I just emailed Sussi.

Should be waitlist@g66.eu which will send you an auto confirmation you're on the list. 
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1686
    Wow!!!!! Will it support double amps?

The FM3 didn't?
    The FM9 does/will.
    "The price should be about EUR 1899-1999 including VAT and three years' warranty" from G66.
    tekbow said:
    Wow!!!!! Will it support double amps?

The FM3 didn't?
    No but this does. 

The email is waitlist@g66.eu
    Sussi told me she doesn’t expect many units this year, so don’t hold your breath.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited August 2021
    From the G66 site:
    It's also showing it as GBP 1599-1699 including VAT and so it's very likely to be cheaper than separates
    - FM3 (€1349) and FC6 ( €599) = €1948 but then you do get the additional CPU and extra features with the FM9
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Looks great. I’m really tempted. Not sure why, I love my Helix but it’s new and shiny!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    John_A said:
    Looks great. I’m really tempted. Not sure why, I love my Helix but it’s new and shiny!
    You should be tempted. The Axe 3 is amazing, and the FM3 is the perfect small board version of it. The FM9 is a definite upgrade from the Helix IMO. More realised than the QC. It’ll be a hit. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    Still a shame  we can’t buy direct from Fractal, be nice to save a few £ and actually take advantage of deals which we never get here 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Think I need to pay @roland a visit and have a play with the axe iii