Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

People love Mr Brightside

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Mr Brightside or guitar intonation check? :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10396
    Mr Brightside or guitar intonation check? :)
    I do actually set my intonation on with that riff ... :) never have done it with a tuner, always by ear and then purposely ever so slightly flat so I can get it spot on with pressure. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • And don't learn it sitting down...you'll never be able to play it standing up!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1323
    edited September 2021
    Anybody else thought s(*od the tenonitis, adjusting the guitar strap etc just to play it live using the same crazy high positioning as Dave Keuning. 
    Just play it around the 9th position for the opening riff a la Johnny Marr as he did with them at Glastonbury... he capos at the fourth fret but you don't even need to do that if you use power chords for the pre-chorus and chorus. Works a treat. Also allows you to play in the original key as opposed to doing it in standard tuning a semitone higher. 
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • I’m pretty laid back and like a massive range of music, but I recently had to insist on not doing Mr Brightside with my band. That and sex on fire should be banned from setlists lol 
  • And don't learn it sitting down...you'll never be able to play it standing up!
    The first time I played it was for a wedding, I had a guitar in Eb with a rather short strap for it.