Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

How does one buy a Klon KTR?

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10206
    It’s gone insane. This whole thing is stupid. From the first horsey ones to the KTR. And not just because I sold two or three and didn’t make £500 profit, but because they’re all hype and that’s it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4778
    edited September 2021
    With regards the eBay sold prices, the last two of them sold just after Bills announcement video on YouTube, both of them to the same buyer who is speculating perhaps. So an average of £562.50.

It's up to buyers/sellers at the end of the day but they don't seem to shift on eBay north of about £600, I always keep an eye on KTR's just to see. Bill stated that the new pedals will sound the same like he said with the KTR. We already have the KTR doesn't sound like a horsie crowd, who can't face the fact it's not magic. They all sound much of a muchness to me, I have a golden eagle, sounds the same as a KTR. All things being equal I'd have a Tumnus Deluxe or a RYRA but the Eagle was £50 so a no brainer. Gear..... we are nuts aren't we, hahahaha.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    edited September 2021
    It’s gone insane. This whole thing is stupid. From the first horsey ones to the KTR. And not just because I sold two or three and didn’t make £500 profit, but because they’re all hype and that’s it. 
    Absolutely.
    But some people are making a few quid from it.
    My FS thread is somewhat tongue in cheek- I actually don't expect to sell it.
    But someone *somewhere* paid £979 for a KTR today.
  • Gear loopy, nuts are we,
    Me and him and them and me.
    We'll show you what we can do,
    With a load of gear and not much clue.
    Buy a Klon then hype back,
    So Mr Finnegan stays in the black.
    Gear Loopy nuts are we
    We're all gear loopy.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    Absolutely.
    But some people are making a few quid from it.
    My FS thread is somewhat tongue in cheek- I actually don't expect to sell it.
    But someone *somewhere* paid £979 for a KTR today.
    Fair enough if someone buys it mate. I don’t care. I just think the whole thing has gone bonkers!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I know all about the Klon hype and stuff, and I am considering in getting a Clon pedal (be it an Archer, Tumnus, Conspiracy Theory or other, but I want this kind of pedal for my arsenal).
    However, may I ask if anyone know of any famous examples of recorded Klones?
    Is there any hit song in which a Klone of any kind has been used?
    edited September 2021
    Klones are nearly as common as TS9 clones now. They must be all over recorded music. I really like the J Rockett Archer, FWIW. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7205
    I have the Behringer Klown pedal.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    edited September 2021
    I am sure Klon(e) are all over the music landscape but i could never tell its signature, even in isolation without A/B comparison.  It’s not like a wah where when it kicks in you’ll know, a Klon sound to me is just a nice overdrive but I’m that person who likes my amp’s natural overdrive so…I would not ever pay the market price for one of these when a £50 one off eBay does the job.  There are better things to invest if I’m going to stick £1k in something, like my mortgage.
  • I know all about the Klon hype and stuff, and I am considering in getting a Clon pedal (be it an Archer, Tumnus, Conspiracy Theory or other, but I want this kind of pedal for my arsenal).
    Impossible Germany by Wilco is the closest I can think of to a 'hit' song (not really a hit, but a great song). The brilliant solo on that tune is played through an original Klon.

But, like everyone keeps saying, no-one turns the gain up enough on this circuit to actually hear the diodes clipping because it sounds like shite. So, isn't it just a clean boost with a mid hump at around 800-1k and some treble roll off? I only use my Klone because it can give a nice mid boost with less noise than a 10 band EQ.
    edited September 2021
    Been watching this today, you can't tell the difference between a Klon and a good clone in a blindfold test, I don't care what anyone says. It's just a circuit at the end of the day.

Russian, bullshit diodes for the win.

edited September 2021
    Boromedic said:
    Been watching this today, you can't tell the difference between a Klon and a good clone in a blindfold test, I don't care what anyone says. It's just a circuit at the end of the day.

Well, it’s definitely a circuit. No one is gonna argue with that! Lol! ;)
    edited September 2021
    Boromedic said:

Well, it’s definitely a circuit. No one is gonna argue with that! Lol!
    Ayeeeeeee!! It's a great circuit, he did a cracking job with what he wanted, but it's not witchcraft and neither are his magic diodes.

• I wouldnt bother owning a KTR… Ive owned a few and bought 2 new this past year (about £280 each), amd to be fair, sold em on for a decent profit.

Nothing special really.

Most klones are close. I still prefer the ryra.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • True story

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2193
    edited September 2021
    Oops
    Impossible Germany by Wilco is the closest I can think of to a 'hit' song (not really a hit, but a great song). The brilliant solo on that tune is played through an original Klon.

But, like everyone keeps saying, no-one turns the gain up enough on this circuit to actually hear the diodes clipping because it sounds like shite. So, isn't it just a clean boost with a mid hump at around 800-1k and some treble roll off? I only use my Klone because it can give a nice mid boost with less noise than a 10 band EQ.
    If hardly anyone (other than Nels Cline) uses the drive side, has anyone made a klone boost? No need for magic diodes would presumably make such a thing pretty affordable...
    I know all about the Klon hype and stuff, and I am considering in getting a Clon pedal (be it an Archer, Tumnus, Conspiracy Theory or other, but I want this kind of pedal for my arsenal).

If hardly anyone (other than Nels Cline) uses the drive side, has anyone made a klone boost? No need for magic diodes would presumably make such a thing pretty affordable...
    In that case, just get a Klon from eBay?

They are surprisingly well made for the money.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    AntonHunter said:

It would save about 50p. 1N34As aren't expensive components.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

@AntonHunter ;

Noticed you gave an LOL at my post, it's meant to be serious.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom