Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

How does one buy a Klon KTR?

What's Hot

Comments

• Lovely photos as always @RaymondLin, but I'm not sure that anything that costs £3-4k on eBay should be a surprise when they're well made. 

Did you mean to type Klon or Klone actually...?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11860
    edited September 2021
    Lovely photos as always @RaymondLin, but I'm not sure that anything that costs £3-4k on eBay should be a surprise when they're well made. 

I mean if you are going to use it as a boost, get a Klone, an eBay one.

Sorry, just realised i said Klon earlier, not Klone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • slowpilgrimslowpilgrim Frets: 134
    edited September 2021
    The discussion around OG klon’s being ‘worth it’ from a performance POV is pretty redundant at this point, clearly its value is in its cultural meaning and significance, as well as being a status symbol. It’s an icon, like a ‘59 LP, with a halo to match. I’m sure that for any studios out there it’s a nice piece to throw on your gear list for attracting customers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Lovely photos as always @RaymondLin, but I'm not sure that anything that costs £3-4k on eBay should be a surprise when they're well made. 

I mean if you are going to use it as a boost, get a Klone, an eBay one.
     Aha, I got confused becuase you'd typed Klon initially.

Agreed, I'm quite happy with my Mosky Golden Horse for now, no real need to upgrade. Was more just wondering out loud whether anyone had tried to isolate the clean side if that's what most people use it for.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    edited September 2021

You could easily remove the diodes from that if you wanted to see what it sounded like, without risking damaging a valuable original. In fact, you only need unsolder one end of them, so you can do it at the more-accessible end nearest the footswitch.

You could even make it switchable.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • These aren't just any diodes, these are Russian made, unicorn teared, phoenix flamed, Abby buffed diodes....

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    I love this Klon obsession.
  • Well it's just a Klon Obsession, its always messing, always messing my mind. Yet I can't stop thinking of buying it one more tiiiiiiiimmmmmmeeeee

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Boromedic said:
    Well it's just a Klon Obsession, its always messing, always messing my mind. Yet I can't stop thinking of buying it one more tiiiiiiiimmmmmmeeeee
    If the evil spirit arms the tiger with Metal Zones, then Brahmen provides transparent overdrives for the dove … Thus spake the Super Guru
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Boromedic said:
    Well it's just a Klon Obsession, its always messing, always messing my mind. Yet I can't stop thinking of buying it one more tiiiiiiiimmmmmmeeeee
    If the evil spirit arms the tiger with Metal Zones, then Brahmen provides transparent overdrives for the dove … Thus spake the Super Guru
    Legendary response!!!

• dandldandl Frets: 36
    Just saw this whilst checking out the Badlands sale. It won't let me link directly but there's one there for £399 if you search the site.

https://www.badlandsguitars.co.uk/sale/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11860
    dandl said:
    Just saw this whilst checking out the Badlands sale. It won't let me link directly but there's one there for £399 if you search the site.

Sold?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2234
    edited September 2021

Mr OP if ou buy a Centaur or KTR set the gain at 9 to 10 o clock. That's the sweet spot. If you dont like it sell it for more money than you paid for it. 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4774
    edited September 2021
    slacker said:
    Last band rehearsal

https://i.imgur.com/GkFyDqz.jpg

We like them and have done so since 2007. Some people dont. It's overpriced. Get over it. 

Mr OP if ou buy a Centaur or KTR set the gain at 9 to 10 o clock. That's the sweet spot. If you dont like it sell it for more money than you paid for it. 
    Nowt to get over really is there though? You've quoted exactly what makes people chuckle. It's a great pedal at what it does, it's overpriced and there are options that sound the same for less cash. Some people want the cache that having a genuine Centaur brings, nothing wrong with that either. It's a fine looking thing.

Just don't expect others not to comment on it, or the ridiculous prices and hype that Bill in some cases inadvertently, and in others deliberately helps to increase. We have nothing to get over, it's banter and humour mostly. I couldn't care less either way.

At the end of the day it's a free country, you are free to play Klon buddies at rehearsals and gigs, we're free to take the piss and chuckle that a £75 pedal is the same.

• dandldandl Frets: 36
    dandl said:

Sold?
    Looks like it is now, im pretty sure it was available when I posted though.
  • Boromedic said:
    Really starting to believe the OG KTR is going to become a meme stock like GME, staying inflated for no good reason other than the fact its hilarious.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2234
    edited September 2021
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    So why are these so hard to find for the KTRs, or are these not the magic fairy dust types?
    They're not the magic fairy dust type. The magic fairy dust type are a specific batch bought in 1994. Do keep up, 007...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein