Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Making money on the side.

What's Hot

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12292
    WezV said:
    I will be interested how you get on at nights.   Might get a lot of students from Oz and China putting there surveys up.  I seem to get some of these each morning
    Not been on night yet but have been having a little dabble now and again today up to £23 pending approvals. Easy money really, thanks for the heads up @WezV! ;
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16635
    edited September 2021
    @luttis was the one who mentioned it

I've only made 80p today, but I am up £80 since last Friday
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezV said:

I'm halfway through one that pays out £24, so I'm pretty happy with this site. Nice one guys!

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    stonevibe said:
    WezV said:

I'm halfway through one that pays out £24, so I'm pretty happy with this site. Nice one guys!
    I think I started that one today but chrome was being a dick and not displaying some stuff so I jacked it in. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    stonevibe said:
    WezV said:

what did you have to do for that?

most I have seen was £40, but it meant scheduling in 4 interviews
  • I've picked up on the prolific surveys. Only do relevant stuff, and I'm up to about £10 after probably an hour and a bit of doing stuff in the evenings. It's quite easy, and some of the studies seem interesting as well. I've never been rejected on one so far, but my profile is kept up to date and I don't "try it on". For example, there is a study that requires experience in agile management frameworks - which, although I'm aware of them, I've not actually practised. Spending half hour on that would waste my time and the academics. 
    Now I know why I got none today ;) :D 
  • WezV said:
    stonevibe said:
    WezV said:

what did you have to do for that?

most I have seen was £40, but it meant scheduling in 4 interviews
    Was a four-part thing for a Uni, so had to click on some shapes and do answers on a scale of 1-10 etc They made you take 30 min breaks between each section, so I did it between writing articles 

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So after a week doing occasional surveys on prolific I have £83.43 paid out, a further £17.65 awaiting review

Although its been very quiet for me today and yesterday.  If I had started on these days I probably would have given in with it very quickly. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2021
    Yeah its been quiet today for me too, £28.30 paid out waiting on £17.60 had a few come through that seem to be already full, generally the best payers. Not bad considering I only started Wednesday though.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • DefaultM said:
    Jfingers said:
    I've been a 'Prolific' user for about 2 years, I withdrew £150 last xmas, I currently have almost £75 in my account, but I have had more success with matched betting so had a few months off Prolific (Had a few months off the other tbf)  I have withdrawn £390 in total from prolific. In my experience all the other survey sites are a waste of time.
    Just like the matched betting thing, I am not posting links etc. I have nothing to gain by trying to help.
    Prolific studies revolve around the uni calendar, so it's quiet during the holidays.
    My personal best was £7.50 for the most enjoyable 20 minute survey late at night during the first lockdown.

What kind of offers are there matched betting these days? I stopped a few years ago as it all seemed to drop off a cliff and wasn't really worth my time for the reward, but haven't checked in a while. 

If you maintain the big bookies by using them regularly it's a steady income top up. Even on a Monday when there are precious few offers I average ten to fifteen quid tax free for about half an hour. I'm averaging around 70 to 100 a week with minimal effort over a 7 day week. Big Horse festivals and high profile events of all kinds bring the offers out. Long after the sign ups were done, I made 450 in 3 days across Cheltenham.
  • I've done 3 so far on prolific today, about 40 minutes in total, how long typically does it take to get reviewed and paid out? 

It tells you in their terms mate, something like if it isn't paid out in 30 days they pay it and take it up with whoever created the survey, as they have to act within a certain time frame. The exceptions are if it times out, like you took a call or something, didn't pass the attention checks or stopped before completing the survey. It's easy money. There's browser extensions that notify you when one comes in...
  • WezV said:
    most I have done seem to take a day or two.  Some are instant, some of the higher value ones seem to take longer

I'm just checking in every so often and doing a few here and there when i'm not really doing anything else.  Quite often there are none to do though.  It's adding up.

I did get a £40 one appear the other day, but it involved doing multiple zoom interviews so i passed
    I always pass on anything that requires a camera or mic, I also don't take part if I don't fit the criteria, for instance, I am not a single Mother under 30 who uses baby formula from major supermarkets.
    I do do the product evaluation ones though, usually bags or curtains, and I always hate them all. What else are you going to do for 30p?

Got booted off prolific for a week due to my wife setting up an acccount with the same paypal address but back on now. It slowed down a bit but currently at around £150. Im taking part in a study where you download a mental health app called unmind and do the excercises, mindfullness etc. It pays out £10 on completion of each stage, a bit like the Headspace app. Its very good actually and is no effort at all.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • I think I’m up to about £70-ish but they really seem to have slowed down a bit now, and nothing with a decent payout. Hey ho…easy, free money either way.

I also started doing surveys at i-say which are a bit more ‘consumer’ focused. You seem to get at least 2 or 3 a day, but quite often you get disqualified, however I’ve already had a £10 Amazon voucher out of them, again for not much effort
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12324
    Is there a risk of being collared by HRMC if they ask these sites for a list of people signed up?
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    munckee said:
    Is there a risk of being collared by HRMC if they ask these sites for a list of people signed up?
    I doubt HMRC would be interested as the vast majority of users will be unlikely to breach the £1,000 "hobby" income limit.  But, yes, in theory, if HMRC took an interest they could look at who's being paid what I may decide to take further action.  As with any extra income, it's up to you to make sure your tax affairs are in order.
    Mrs Burgo has done £50 in2 days on prolific
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    Mines slowed down now too.  I'm at £173.

I also had the unmind one
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346
    If you don’t mind getting your kit off in front of people you could do life modelling. Reasonable money for basically just sitting around. A friend of mine does it and gets between £30-45 per two hour session, depending on where she models, she does local art groups and colleges. You don’t have to have a perfect specimen of a body (with the greatest of respect to her, she most definitely hasn’t).