Price for a fret dress.

What's Hot
Howdy, hope I'm in the right place?! I've just been quoted £160 by a Nottm based luthier for a fret dress, new nut and edge rolling on a new WD Fender tele neck. I supplied the new nut. Sounds expensive to me. What's the general opinion and any alternative recommendations? Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SiejenSiejen Frets: 36
    If you’re after a second quote from the midlands for comparison, Jon at Noise Works in Coventry is absolutely sound and highly recommended. I’ve had setups from £65  (including fret dress) and a new nut at £40 with a zero fret removed. 
    No idea about edge rolling a board though….
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    edited September 2021
    @Sunburstb0y change the category to “guitar” rather than making and modding, you’ll get more response from folk… but price seems ballparkish to me.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17493
    Maple or rosewood fretboard?
  • I pay about £10.00 per fret and £40.00 for a new nut. However, that's on an acoustic. I wouldn't expect tit to be very different on an electric.
  • Siejen said:
    If you’re after a second quote from the midlands for comparison, Jon at Noise Works in Coventry is absolutely sound and highly recommended. I’ve had setups from £65  (including fret dress) and a new nut at £40 with a zero fret removed. 
    No idea about edge rolling a board though….
    Yep, I had a guitar with divots in the cowboy chord frets dressed and set up for £60, absolutely lovely job.