SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

NGD acoustic amazing for the money

What's Hot
vizviz Frets: 10948
edited September 2021 in Guitars £
This is such a good guitar. Brand new, £330. It sounds really full and warm unplugged, and really nice and woody amplified.   

Edit - this is the ebay seller:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/johnsguitars

He was amazing - even threw in a Tako capo for free. I must say, I’m very delighted. 

https://i.imgur.com/1Rhcudi.jpg

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Great guitars. I pickup up a lovely parlour style, maybe a bit bigger to be honest. Came with a case too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10948
    blueskunk said:
    Great guitars. I pickup up a lovely parlour style, maybe a bit bigger to be honest. Came with a case too. 
    Yep, this included a semi-hard case. Brand new. I can’t fault it, it’s lovely. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • I had gone through a fair few from the Taylor Mini, Martin Dreadnought Jr and finally settled on the Tanglewood. Ok, I’m no acoustic expert but honestly , the Tanglewood is awesome. The neck is very comfy, the projection of sound is great, good highs, good lows and balanced tone for a small guitar. 

I’ll try to find the model. 
    Yep we looked at that too. Very nice. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    I had one around Christmas time - the nut was just a bit narrow for me to keep it, and I advertised it on here to a frenzy of apathy. :)

I sold it via eBay in the end and delivered it up to Sheffield the day before Christmas Eve to help a bloke out that had had a bad year and wanted something that he could play at Christmas. He was astonished it the quality of it, as was I.

Really difficult to sell on, unless they're at super low prices, so I've been told, but it was a lovely guitar - not just for the money, either.

Call me Dave.
  • I am a fan of Tanglewood guitars. I had a TW145-sc 12 string with cedar top. Was a lovely sounding guitar but 12 strings were too much for me. I have also had an old tw704 dreadnaught that i picked up of eBay. It was a bit beat up as it was old, but it had a lovely ring to it. Moved it on as it was too big for me.  I currently have TW-mini Koa, which is a lovely guitar. The finish is lovely, quality is great, I can’t find anything wrong with it apart from maybe I need the action lowering slightly but that’s personal preference. Sound is lovely and it’s an all round fun guitar to play. I have toyed on and off with moving it on, but just can’t let it go. I look forward to playing it for many years and seeing how the tone develops, as they say with Koa it get better through playing.
    WBT2079 said:
    I am a fan of Tanglewood guitars. I had a TW145-sc 12 string with cedar top. Was a lovely sounding guitar but 12 strings were too much for me. I have also had an old tw704 dreadnaught that i picked up of eBay. It was a bit beat up as it was old, but it had a lovely ring to it. Moved it on as it was too big for me.  I currently have TW-mini Koa, which is a lovely guitar. The finish is lovely, quality is great, I can’t find anything wrong with it apart from maybe I need the action lowering slightly but that’s personal preference. Sound is lovely and it’s an all round fun guitar to play. I have toyed on and off with moving it on, but just can’t let it go. I look forward to playing it for many years and seeing how the tone develops, as they say with Koa it get better through playing.

That's great news about the maturing. Didn't know that.
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Mine was the mini-Koa - went for about £200 in the end. Very little interest in it on here, eBay or Gumtree, which was a shame, as it was a lovely thing. Based on that guitar, I'd certainly have another Tanglewood - the quality was very good indeed.

Call me Dave.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5595
    So what are you selling it for? ;)

^^Topic^^ :grin: 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28248
    viz said:

He was amazing - even threw in a Tako capo for free. 

What?

No free strings????
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:
    viz said:

He was amazing - even threw in a Tako capo for free. 

What?

No free strings????

Yes! As well! Which he’d helpfully installed on the guitar!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    I've got a Tanglewood Super Folk I got from here many years ago. The headstock broke off at a gig but I got it repaired and it's still going strong. Lovely sounding thing with a cedar top and holds up well against my Bartram. Underrated!
    Bidley said:
    I've got a Tanglewood Super Folk I got from here many years ago. The headstock broke off at a gig but I got it repaired and it's still going strong. Lovely sounding thing with a cedar top and holds up well against my Bartram. Underrated!
    Those are lovely too, a teeny bit smaller than wot I got, but we were dithering between the two. Why did the headstock break?
  • Definitely under rated. 
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 343
    The only guitar I ever bought brand new was a Tanglewood Odyssey ovation copy, still sound great after 25 years