Anyway to stop notifications from blocked users?

What's Hot
Is there a way to:

1. Stop getting notifications when someone you block replies to a thread you've started
2. Completely remove that blocked user's comment from your view (I know it collapses it, but can it be set so that they are not visible at all)?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27461
    1.  No, but you don't have to see or read whatever they've posted.
    2.  The only thing that's visible to you is that they have posted.  You have to click to see what they've posted.

And (before you ask)
    3.  No, you can't block a thread started by a blocked user, nor block their initial post in a thread that they start.

They're actually "ignored" rather than "blocked" which is perhaps why 1 and 2 operate as they  do.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just don't open the comments you see from the people you've blocked. Simples!

Bye!

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27461
    Just don't open the comments you see from the people you've blocked. Simples!
    Oh, and ...

4.  No, you can't suppress  a post from an ignored user, if someone you haven't ignored then quotes it.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    TTony said:
    Oh, and ...

4.  No, you can't suppress  a post from an ignored user, if someone you haven't ignored then quotes it.
    What if the person quoting the person on ignore is quoted?

does everyone see it?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    edited September 2021
    Yes.

That is certainly what would happen on the Seymour Duncan User Group forum.

TTony said:
    They're actually "ignored" rather than "blocked"
    My two penn'orth is that ignoring other forumites is almost always futile. Any contribution they make in a Discussion is likely to alter the course of the Discussion. It is desirable to follow the entirety of the thread before commenting.

If the ignore/block is in reaction to some slight (real or imagined), it is probably better to resolve any differences of opinion directly via PM.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8703
    My two penn'orth is that ignoring other forumites is almost always futile. ...
    Attention seekers are constantly looking for ways to penetrate your defences and get themselves noticed. May of them just get more and more obnoxious until someone responds. They don’t mind what the response is as long as they have caught, and can continue to get, your attention.

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6798
    poopot said:
    TTony said:
    Oh, and ...

What if the person quoting the person on ignore is quoted?

does everyone see it?
    Why is this post blank on my screen??
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1