Happy birthday on guitar

What's Hot
vizviz Frets: 7987
Anyone got any good clips of how to play happy birthday on acoustic guitar?
Anything that isn’t pentatonic is pretentious wank -  LastMantra
more on the strength of my ability to own a PA than to play a guitar” - ICBM
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

  • BradBrad Frets: 386
    Not on acoustic, but I think I’ll be stealing some of this…

    https://youtu.be/9aoSKHShFM0


    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 653
    Some ideas from tim via ted greene ....



    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 653

    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BradBrad Frets: 386
    @west gotta love Ted and Tim!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 7987
    Those are all really good, thank you! I ended up with these chords. Slightly need to improve the execution though ….

    https://youtu.be/uWAGPX0cX1w
    Anything that isn’t pentatonic is pretentious wank -  LastMantra
    more on the strength of my ability to own a PA than to play a guitar” - ICBM
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 653
    Brad said:
    @west gotta love Ted and Tim!
    Yes @Brad ; , i love all the pedal point contry motion voice leading etc , i just wished i could apply myself a bit more at the more out there reharms ....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 653
    viz said:
    Those are all really good, thank you! I ended up with these chords. Slightly need to improve the execution though ….

    https://youtu.be/uWAGPX0cX1w

    nice one viz ... if want some more fancy embellishment i found the tab to the acoustic vid i posted ...  hope the link works .. https://1234n.hatenadiary.jp/entry/2018/07/02/235938

    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 7987
    Very nice
    Anything that isn’t pentatonic is pretentious wank -  LastMantra
    more on the strength of my ability to own a PA than to play a guitar” - ICBM
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BradBrad Frets: 386
    viz said:
    Those are all really good, thank you! I ended up with these chords. Slightly need to improve the execution though ….

    https://youtu.be/uWAGPX0cX1w
    Lovely work :+1: 

    west said: Brad said: @west gotta love Ted and Tim! Yes @Brad ; , i love all the pedal point contry motion voice leading etc , i just wished i could apply myself a bit more at the more out there reharms ....
    yep, same here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 137
    Last month a very dear friend who is a fairly big deal at a military facility abroad got their big band to play a really awesome arrangement of "Happy Birthday" and sent that to me. On his birthday last weekend, I thought it'd be nice to send him a quick something for his birthday so I sent this to him (he's Brazilian so that's what the bit in Portuguese at the end is about):

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_tJG9RGSfyzz250X4M6oY7Vb3bT51w15/view?usp=sharing

    Apologies in advance for the crappy unplugged iPad camera sound and video which were then further compressed when it was shared. It was literally a couple of takes done late at night.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 7987
    susbemol said:
    Last month a very dear friend who is a fairly big deal at a military facility abroad got their big band to play a really awesome arrangement of "Happy Birthday" and sent that to me. On his birthday last weekend, I thought it'd be nice to send him a quick something for his birthday so I sent this to him (he's Brazilian so that's what the bit in Portuguese at the end is about):

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_tJG9RGSfyzz250X4M6oY7Vb3bT51w15/view?usp=sharing

    Apologies in advance for the crappy unplugged iPad camera sound and video which were then further compressed when it was shared. It was literally a couple of takes done late at night.
    Shit that’s so much better than mine. 
    Anything that isn’t pentatonic is pretentious wank -  LastMantra
    more on the strength of my ability to own a PA than to play a guitar” - ICBM
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 137
    edited September 15
    I suppose it's different but better is very subjective, isn't it? They've all got their places.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
Sign In or Register to comment.