SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Fender Custom Shop '53 Telecaster - Relic Nocaster Blonde 60's Oval C neck

What's Hot
IsambardKentuckyIsambardKentucky Frets: 160
edited October 2021 in Guitars £
For sale is my stellar sounding Fender Custom Shop '53 Telecaster.

Build date is 2013. Spec wise - it's a 53 blackguard but with a 60's Oval C .790 - .930 one-piece quartersawn maple neck. Sanko 6105 frets, 9.5 radius. Modern wiring and some very splendid signed Abby Ybarra hand-wound pickups (signature on the bottom). The pickups are incredible!

It has a relic nocaster blonde finish over a 2 piece swamp ash body (it's the most resonant, and acoustically loud Telecaster I own and has seen off a fair few other CS Teles. I put this down to the lightweight ash body - it's 6lb 10oz or thereabouts).

It's in very good/excellent condition. Smoke-free home, tweed hard case and all case bits, cert, strap, etc inc. Playability is great - no issues. The nut is good, the neck's in fine fettle, and the truss rod is good. It has a little fret wear (tried to get this in the pictures) though plenty of life left in them. Intonation is good for chordal work and no buzzy or dead frets. Currently set up with 10's.

It's a cracking Tele and I'm only selling as I'm trying to get myself down to two guitars! (Madness I know, if I change my mind I'll withdraw).

Let me know if you have any questions or want more info.

Price: SOLD

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IsambardKentuckyIsambardKentucky Frets: 160
    edited October 2021
    Pic of the back:

Dealer spec sheet:
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16247
    weren't nocasters 51 and did not say telecaster on the headstock?
    tae be or not tae be
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2291
    I think the nocaster blonde refers to the colour 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16247
    Oh,OK Slacky
    tae be or not tae be
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2291
    That's Mr Slacky to you

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Hootsmon said:
    weren't nocasters 51 and did not say telecaster on the headstock?

Correct. Though this listing is a Telecaster built to the spec of a 53. As @slacker ; noted, the colour is Nocaster Blonde. Cheers!
  • Bump
  • Messaged!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Really nice, perfect even...  ;-)

• BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2246
    I've got one of these and it is great. The necks are perfect for people who like Strats.

I thought 53 was the year they use when they take elements from multiple years and combine them? 
  • Barnezy said:
    I've got one of these and it is great. The necks are perfect for people who like Strats.

I thought 53 was the year they use when they take elements from multiple years and combine them? 

They sure are... hopefully I won't regret this  :#

53s: Could be, though I'm not sure. 53 is coveted due to Gatton, Buchanan et al. I presumed it was just a 53 (change to Phillips screws, no shelf on pocket etc.) and Fender CS just put some out with the 60's neck, and a Broadcaster bridge pickup.

• IsambardKentuckyIsambardKentucky Frets: 160
    edited September 2021
    Sold Cheers!