Once upon a time in a galaxy far away...the anti-IEM thread.

What's Hot
Bugger silent stages, these were the days.

'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7165
    i wonder how many of the patrons came down with mysterious afflictions from the mould spores, or is that just a modern thing?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I thought that you liked silent stages?  I must be getting you confused with Some Other Guy ;)
  • BillDL said:
    i wonder how many of the patrons came down with mysterious afflictions from the mould spores, or is that just a modern thing?
    People were tougher, and the internet hadn’t been invented.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicwolf said:
    I thought that you liked silent stages?  I must be getting you confused with Some Other Guy ;)
    I liked that one. Very good :)
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Wow, takes some skill to play the drums with a mic stand between your legs!  I’m guessing he played the hats open-handed…
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • I thought this was going to be about kettle leads ,then remembered they’re IEC 
  • BillDL said:
    People were tougher, and the internet hadn’t been invented.
    Yet life expectancy was a decade shorter
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • neilgneilg Frets: 94
    Trude said:
    Wow, takes some skill to play the drums with a mic stand between your legs!  I’m guessing he played the hats open-handed…
    That's just there to stop himself toppling over every time he reaches for the high tom.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72254
    Interesting to see them with the guitarist's amp behind the bass player and vice versa - presumably for better monitoring.

The bass player must have been very wealthy too - to be able to afford a real Fender Precision and a blonde Bassman in the UK in the early 60s, they were a small fortune, far more even than the guitarist's AC30.

And the primitive Linear Concord PA amp!

Not to mention the dodgy-looking electrics and non-insignificant electrocution risk...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:

The bass player must have been very wealthy too - to be able to afford a real Fender Precision and a blonde Bassman in the UK in the early 60s, they were a small fortune, far more even than the guitarist's AC30.

I was thinking that.  The bass player is John Gustafson and that picture was probably take c1963 at The Cavern.  At the time the band would have had one minor hit with 'Some Other Guy' so, even with that under their belts, a genuine Fender would have been a big deal.

• Keep The Sabbath Dream Alive.

Bye!

• Hard not to feel like a spoilt kid in a candy store these days.