Battery powered acoustic amp recommendations please

JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
edited September 2021 in Acoustics
Portable rig required for busking / small events duo  -  not interested in amp sim stuff - just good quality acoustic reproduction and vocal support

whats a good buy - practically zero experience in this ..

Faith acoustic with shadow piezo / SM58 as sound sources

Any practical advice appreciated 

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I think there’s a Yamaha Thr for acoustics now that has a mic input too.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    A mate of mine uses the roland street - sounds ok, battery last ages and I was surprised how loud it is.      His whole band bought one each (4 vox, 2 acoustics, banjo, bass, cajon) and they go busking as a band.   
  • Open_GOpen_G Frets: 146
    Street cube is excellent. Runs on AA batteries too. 
  • KristoKristo Frets: 130
    Roland AC40 is good. 
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 947
    Another vote for the THR5A. Fantastic little amps for the money and can be run on either mains or batteries. I believe the big brother THR's also have an acoustic setting, but don't know how effective it is.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
  • I've got a fishman minicharge, not sure I can recommend cos it's heavy, but the acoustic reproduction is excellent.
  • Bose s1 pro. I've used mine as a monitor a few times and for background music while setting up/down but feel very confident it would do fantastically well for the right sized gig.

As an experiment I recently paired it with an Xvive u4 (fed from mixer aux send) for complete wireless-ness and it worked a treat.
  • cheers gents - I've picked a s/h roland ac33 on Ebay -  as an entry level setup for busking.

If events duo work does come along then probably use a powered pa cab n a XR series mixer ... if mains an option

great recommendations throughout - was tempted by the mini charge in particular  as a friend uses one live and she gets good results vocally and guitarwise ...

Just as an aside - has anyone used leisure 12v batteries and inverters for powering standard ac kit ?
  • The new boss cube street 
      Or if you can afford it , the AER acoustic amp seems very professional and highly thought of 
      Cube street EX
  • The new boss cube street 
      Or if you can afford it , the AER acoustic amp seems very professional and highly thought of 
      Cube street EX
    The AER does seem to be a significant step up for sure - would probably have to revisit the guitar or at least the pickup system  to justify the AER  - though Im  gonna try some IRs via a torpedo cab as an experiment.

Initially its a busking setup and want to keep it simple, lightweight, affordable - meant to be a bit of fun and diversion from a four piece covers  lineup thats taking too long to get out n gig .