These Klon clones on ebay

What's Hot
MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
edited September 2021 in FX

What do you think of these clones. I know nothing about electronics, but they look decent, and he's sold 12 so far by the looks of it. Is the seller saying that he starts with a standard Ceriatone Centura and upgrades it? If so it seems good value. Not sure if that’s the case, what do you think?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I think you'd be off your rocker to spend £250 on a Klone by an unnamed builder off ebay. 

There are about eight million Klones out there, even an "expensive" one like the Ryra is less than £200. Why this warrants an extra £50 I don't know. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Wis for UncPsy

Looks like the major "upgrade" on the Ceriatone one is to write "Centaur" on the front... 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Aye, just grab a Centura and be done with it
  • Fuzzdog will build you one of their Klone kits for £100.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11801
    Either get the one that cost £50 which is a smaller square enclosure, or if you must have that enclosure, get a Ceriatone Centura.  Neither is trying to counterfeit a Klon.  

• But neither will have the magic diodes so it's a massive fail..... ;)

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    It's got proper PCB mounted pots, you know, the ones that break fairly easily and are harder to replace.
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited September 2021
    Yeh, I’m not clued up on electronics so didn’t know if his ceriatone plus add ons ( if that’s what it is?) was worth the extra. I’ve already got a Klon KTR,  ceriatone centura (and another on the way), ryra, soul food, archer, tumnus, fredric zombie, rimrock mythical overdrive and two wish klons in the arsenal, but just refuse to pay the money for a Klon Centaur. Although no doubt whatsoever that at some point will.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom