Why are infection rates higher in Wales and Scotland?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ewalewal Frets: 1673
    Cases in the UK | Coronavirus in the UK (data.gov.uk)

AFAIK, at present there are currently more restrictions in Wales and Scotland, and the total cases over the whole pandemic are quite similar for Wales, Scotland and England,

why more infections when more legal restrictions exist?
    Schools went back earlier.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Scottish schools go back earlier than they do in England - in the middle of August, which is also around the time that restrictions were eased (even if not fully). It was a bad combination. 

I can't be arsed trawling the stats but I'd be surprised if there isn't a correlation between term dates and infection rates in all of the Home Nations. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 8109
    edited October 11
    Scottish schools go back earlier than they do in England - in the middle of August, which is also around the time that restrictions were eased (even if not fully). It was a bad combination. 

I can't be arsed trawling the stats but I'd be surprised if there isn't a correlation between term dates and infection rates in all of the Home Nations. 

The numbers appear to have mostly plateaued over the last month or so.

There was a spike at the very beginning of September, but that's due to all the extra testing with kids going back to school.  My daughter's school tested every kid before they let them back in.

There isn't a huge increase a week or two after the schools went back though.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 7615
    Celts man. Fecund fuckers aren't they? :lol: 
  • Bollocks.

It's to do with all the deep fried offal bollocks you fucks eat... constantly!!!

Bye!