Somebody please tell me what this guy is doing.

What's Hot
We've covered this in our band for a while and, no matter how hard I look, I can't figure what the rhythm guitar bit is around 1:11.  It sounds like like three variations on the same chord but I can't work out the fingering.  Is he looping his thumb over the top?  I think some of the strings are being damped but I've run out of ideas.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump...
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15960
    Nevermind the video....have you tried working it out by your ear?
    tae be or not tae be
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    My guess is that they’ve slipped in a few frames of the guitarist which have nothing to do with the music being played at that moment.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Sounds like

F on the A string 8th fret kinda muted
    And this on top

1-----------------8--------
    2--6-6-6-6-6---6---6
    3-‐--------------------8---
  • Thanks folks.  3 valid comments and I'll try @Winny_Pooh 's suggestion.  Got away with it last night 'cos I used that section of the song trying to sort out the FOH mix - having discovered that my Line6 G10 psu port had died - stopping me from going out into the crowd and listening :P Can't have been that bad as some other bookings are now in the pipeline.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10404
    uncledick said:
    Thanks folks.  3 valid comments and I'll try @Winny_Pooh 's suggestion.  Got away with it last night 'cos I used that section of the song trying to sort out the FOH mix - having discovered that my Line6 G10 psu port had died - stopping me from going out into the crowd and listening :P Can't have been that bad as some other bookings are now in the pipeline.
    Is it the micro USB version ? if so this might help you in the repair. 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/192351/the-community-repair-thread/p1

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Danny1969 said:
    Is it the micro USB version ? if so this might help you in the repair. 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/192351/the-community-repair-thread/p1

It was doomed from the start and I'm surprised it lasted this long (5 or 6 years).  I've just bodged up the USB so I can update to the non-exploding firmware and a Boss type socket arrived today.  Time to forage around in the spares box and dig out a 7805!  Thanks for the link.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrumBobDrumBob Frets: 198
    I can't answer the question, but if I may be so base, the blonde girl singer is really cute.  ;)
    USA Guitarist/Drummer, semi-pro working musician, music journalist, author, radio DJ. 
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    All sorted now.  Very close to the USB in is a 50uF electrolytic with easily accessible solder pads on each side.  No need to struggle with the molecular sized tracks on the USB port.  Screwed the 7805 onto the 'weight' in the bottom of the case and we have a ready made heatsink.
  • DrumBob said:
    I can't answer the question, but if I may be so base, the blonde girl singer is really cute.  ;)
    So is the dark haired young singer too. As well as being talented vocalists of course.