Scavenger music - what's he doing now? -from piano to guitar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I've been working on a bass , I deliberately chose the most worm eaten, weather beaten timber for this build. 
    The body is part oak from a piano, part garden bench and part orange box. The neck is sapele with oak fretboard from pianos. All of the wood is reclaimed except the maple binding. The ace of spades fretboard markers were made from stud earings.

www.scavengermusic.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ScavengerScavenger Frets: 148
    edited February 2022
    Ready for testing : the prototype for my take on the classic LP. The body shape isn't a direct copy of a Gibson, I wanted it to have a more slim , sporty appearance. There's a few changes I've decided on already (slightly greater neck angle) and a few things I'm mulling over (slightly larger headstock, do I continue with the tailpiece , simplify the controls? etc) as well as a a lot of production details that could be improved but on the whole I'm please with how it's come out. Walnut neck with oak fretboard  and ebony dots, poplar body with mahogany (?) veneer

www.scavengermusic.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Only just found this thread - I love the wormy bass!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3542
    Scavenger said:
    I've been working on a bass , I deliberately chose the most worm eaten, weather beaten timber for this build. 
    The body is part oak from a piano, part garden bench and part orange box. The neck is sapele with oak fretboard from pianos. All of the wood is reclaimed except the maple binding. The ace of spades fretboard markers were made from stud earings.

Very reminiscent of Rick Kelly
  • ScavengerScavenger Frets: 148
    What was supposed to be a routine stock build is turning out to be more beautiful than I expected. Sapele telecaster neck made from wood salvaged front an old wardrobe.
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cdxze2xOatP/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    www.scavengermusic.co.uk