Boxing thread

What's Hot
1222324252628»

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 7032
    I’ll be watching. it’s too good not to. It’s a shame the main event was cancelled but there’s depth in the card. My picks for the winner of each bout are highlighted below.
    • Daniel Dubois vs Filip Hrgovic
    • Zhilei Zhang vs Deontay Wilder  
    • Raymond Ford vs Nick Ball - for WBA featherweight title  
    • Hamzah Sheeraz vs Austin ‘Ammo’ Williams  
    • Willy Hutchinson vs Craig ‘Spider’ Richards
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12767
    Hutchinson fought a great fight, really impressed. 
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1728
    i have hrgovic and zhang winning this evening. Hope im wrong, i want the opposite to happen.
    Dont worry, be silly.
    Ball best featherweight in the world, deserved that. 
    munckee said:
    Hutchinson fought a great fight, really impressed. 
    He looked good, I saw a lot of his earlier fights including his loss. I honestly thought Richardson had the experience to beat him. What do I know! 

Ball and Sheeraz have done the business for me though. 

Really pleased for Ball - well deserved WC, should be unified but I’m sure he’s only looking forward now and that disappointment is now well behind him. 
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1801
    Bronze Bomber down... 

Is that the end of Wilder?
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4878
    Bronze Bomber down... 

Aged 38 and lost 4 of the last 5 you would think it’s probably time to call it a day.

I think a slightly declining Fury made Wilder look better than he really was over the last few years.  And something that has affected both of them is not fighting enough.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 4066
    Bronze Bomber down... 

Time for old twig legs to retire. Got found out that he can't actually box. 

Lost his edge after knocking out Helenius and crying about the dangers of the sport. He's not wrong obvs.

Enjoyed Daniel Dubois's performance. And Bivol is just magic 
    Great performance by Billam Smith, wins against Okolie and Riakhpore make a good cv.  
    munckee said:
    Great performance by Billam Smith, wins against Okolie and Riakhpore make a good cv.  
    Always enjoy a CBS fight he’s a good lad. One of the few fighters I’ve seen live before as well when he beat McCarthy for the second time in Manchester back in ‘22.

As much as I like him, I think the Jai Opetaia fight will be his ceiling so wouldn’t push him there just yet though. 

Hopefully there’s a couple more defences or a unification first. There would be no shame in losing to Opetaia of course, but I wouldn’t rush it, at least make it as big a fight as possible and meet him when they hopefully all the belts are on the line. 
  • richman6100richman6100 Frets: 366
    Iamnobody said:
    munckee said:
    Always enjoy a CBS fight he’s a good lad. One of the few fighters I’ve seen live before as well when he beat McCarthy for the second time in Manchester back in ‘22.

As much as I like him, I think the Jai Opetaia fight will be his ceiling so wouldn’t push him there just yet though. 

Hopefully there’s a couple more defences or a unification first. There would be no shame in losing to Opetaia of course, but I wouldn’t rush it, at least make it as big a fight as possible and meet him when they hopefully all the belts are on the line. 
    Agreed. CBS is a top bloke and refreshing in a sport where too many combatants don't respect their opponents. I think Jai Opetaia would be a step too far for him, Ramirez and Briedis too, if they were to meet, but CBS is improving well and he deserves a big fight in the US. I hope that he maintains his trajectory and gets a crack at a unification bout. 

If Usyk does go back down to Cruiserweight, and it's a big 'if', I would love to see him and Opetaia get it on.
  • stylesforfreestylesforfree Frets: 226
    Usyk is easily one of the greatest boxers of all time now, I feel like he has surpassed Lennox Lewis who is easily my favourite boxer of all time and in my humble opinion one of the greatest heavyweights.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1044
    Gervonta Davis Vs Frank Martin
    https://youtu.be/I-gua79_nVY?feature=shared
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1044