SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Fender Vintera Road Worn Mischief Maker Strat in Purple Metallic

CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 873
edited October 2021 in Guitars £

Andertons blurb

Unique, sleek and exclusive – the Vintera Road Worn Mischief Maker Strat is the result of another incredible Andertons and Fender collaboration.

A few years back, the Fender Custom Shop made a small run of incredible Mischief Maker guitars. We simply had to get in on the action. The Mischief Maker is a unique design consisting of a '60s Strat body and '50s Tele neck, bringing together the best of both worlds. And we've upgraded the pickups to US-made Pure Vintage 59s!

The original Mischief Maker was a relic'd guitar so we opted to make it Road Worn. And of course, it had to be finished in Danish Pete's favourite metallic purple colour.

Hybrid Strat and Tele design

The large-C Tele neck provides a comfortable and familiar feel; a feature that'll surely appeal to classic guitar aficionados who prefer a more substantial shape. The vintage frets and 7.25" radius contribute to that classic touch and offer control under the fingers to allow for smooth vibrato and easy playability.

Stylistically, the Mischief Maker is in a league of its own. The slim Tele headstock gives the instrument a radically different look to the standard Vintera Strat. Pair that up with the nitro lacquer finish body, American pickups and you've got yourself a cool guitar that punches above it's weight!

Pure Vintage '59 Pickups

Fender's US-wired Pure Vintage '59 pickups are wound to extremely precise specifications for authentic, traditional tone and performance. Built to evoke the original era of the Fender Stratocaster with their alnico 5 magnets and formvar-coated wire, these '59 Strat single coils produce a round, warm tone with a sweet edge.

Specifications

Body

• Body: Alder
  • Body Finish: Nitro Lacquer
  • Body Shape: Stratocaster

Neck

• Neck Material: Maple
  • Neck Finish: Nitro Lacquer
  • Neck Shape: Large "C"
  • Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
  • Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
  • Fingerboard: Maple
  • Fingerboard Radius: 7.25"
  • Number of Frets: 21
  • Fret Size: Vintage
  • String Nut: Synthetic Bone
  • Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
  • Position Inlays: Black Dot
  • Truss Rod: Vintage-Style

Electronics

• Bridge Pickup: American Pure Vintage '59 Single-Coil
  • Middle Pickup: American Pure Vintage '59 Single-Coil
  • Neck Pickup: American Pure Vintage '59 Single-Coil
  • Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
  • Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade

Hardware

• Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
  • Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
  • Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Road Worn
  • Pickguard: White
  • Control Knobs: White Plastic

Miscellaneous

• Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag

So that’s what Andertons say.

What can I add?

It’s in mint (as mint as a roadworn can be) condition.
The neck is very close in feel to my Brad Paisley Esquire.  It’s currently set up with 10’s in e flat and the bridge is blocked, the block will be removed before selling.  I still have the trem arm in the gigbag.

If it’s so good, why am at selling it?  Because I’m mainly a telecaster guy and pick up the BP most of the time. I also have an older 60’s roadworn strat that adequately covers any strattish needs.

£780.  Cash on collection from Leyland, Lancashire

Not looking for any trades at the moment.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments