Why do I find this so fasinating….

What's Hot
dindudedindude Frets: 8537
I’m sure it’s not designed for a 46 year old, but it is a complete ear-worm. Lari Basilio on guitar too.

https://youtu.be/2dTMIH5gCHg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    If the cast of The Walking Dead did a Steeleye Span tribute. Apart from Lari I don’t know who those people are but it’s quite sweet and quite middle of the road. I don’t know if it’s aimed at 13 year olds or 81 year olds. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    edited October 2021
    They sing well. Reminds me of that brightside song people talk about. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3065
    Well, I don’t hate it…..quite like the vocal harmonies, and I’d be overjoyed if one of my lads was going out with Willow Smith.  
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6679
    edited October 2021
    Vocal fry, millennial whoop, empty melody, terrible mix. Generic, bland, insincere, no risk, no passion. Not for me. 

The dumbing down of music. Well done. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Just looking at the still .... I really don't want to click on that. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    edited October 2021
    axisus said:
    Just looking at the still .... I really don't want to click on that. 
    You’d probably like Lari Basilio’s solo work, she’s a technical modern rock guitarist. Although all you’d learn from this is what she looks like ( a sort of sexy elf) and what her signature Ibanez looks like ( it’s very purple). 
    I must have played this at least 5 times now and it remains really quite bland. Also quite short, like one of those edited versions of a song they use on Strictly. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12362
    Zzzzzzz. 
  • I quite like the female singer's voice, the song isn't something that would move me but it has a nice movement to it.

What's puzzled me though - Where are the extra backing vocals coming from?

I feel like with a decent song/lyric writer that singer would be infinitely more interesting
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7211
    edited October 2021
    I could listen to that on the radio without feeling an urge to immediately switch to another channel. I watched the vevo video all the way through without going "Grrrr" or "Yukk".  Yes, it is a little bit bland and very generic, but it has a reasonably pleasant and dreamy vibe that doesn't jangle my nerves and the vocal harmonies work well.  My hope here is that all the young people with ripped jeans, body studs, etc will hear a bit more melody than beat in a song and realise that music can be melodic and harmonious rather than just comprising a beat and a repetative beat-driven vocal motif.  The thing about the video is that I am still seeing a bit of crotch grabbing, hands with stiffened fingers moving in the same spasmodic way as many other young singers of today, and other body movements and vocal inflections that I find clichéed and annoying to watch.
  • In fairness there's plenty of clichéd body language and vocal inflections from old music that us millennials also find quite annoying, I think that's just the nature of things really. 
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Harmonies are nice but the song illustrates all that is wrong with modern music culture. It has nothing to say, musically. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    hywelg said:
    Harmonies are nice but the song illustrates all that is wrong with modern music culture. It has nothing to say, musically. 
    I think you might be over complicating it, it’s a pop song in the same way as Kylie's I should be so lucky was. And for that purpose I think it’s great.