Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fretboard closing my connection Cannot access the fretboard on my android via mobile internet?

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1392
    edited February 2022
    Weird but since posting about this last week, I can now access TFB on my iPhone for the first time in many months. o
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16660
    This issue has reappeared for me after an android update.   Are any other Three users still having issues?
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26561
    edited January 16
    Just a thought, but...maybe try it with your SIM, in an unlocked phone that didn't come from Three?

It may be something that they're adding to the phones, not something on their network.
    <space for hire>
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16660
    edited January 16
    My phone isn't from them, so it isn't that.   This SIM has been in 3 Samsung phones and worked on all of them with three, but stopped after the last android update
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3821
    WezV said:
    This issue has reappeared for me after an android update.   Are any other Three users still having issues?
    I'm a Three user and TFB stopped working for me about a year ago. I now use a VPN and it works fine.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12886
    I'm really confused by this issue.

I've been with Three for years, had multiple devices, and never had this problem. 

People with problems - how long have you been with Three? Maybe they changed settings on accounts at some point and my older account never got changed? 
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    I'm on Three, I used to have these issues regularly. Last year I started using the free Google VPN (free to me because I pay for Google Storage), that cured the problem. Then I upgraded my phone in December and since doing so, I have never had the access issue - with or without Google VPN engaged. Don't understand why, sometimes I get a 5G connection which could possibly be part of the reason (different routing?) but more often than that I'm on 4G without the access issues. 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26561

I've been with Three for years, had multiple devices, and never had this problem. 

People with problems - how long have you been with Three? Maybe they changed settings on accounts at some point and my older account never got changed? 
    From previous threads on this, it's fairly clear that there's a geographical component - so you can be on cellular data in an area which doesn't have the problem, move a few hundred yards into another cell and suddenly no access. Move back, and it works.

Three, of course, have completely denied this - but it's clear that it's happening, so there are obviously configuration/infrastructure differences in the way they provide cellular data. They're just totally uninterested in fixing the problem.
    <space for hire>
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3821

I've been with Three for years too, with multiple devices. Then about a year ago, bang, no access to TFB without a VPN.