SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 1974 Gibson Les Paul Special 55 - £950

What's Hot
JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8963
edited October 2021 in Guitars £
Right you lot.  Who wants a vintage Gibson for under a grand?

Sold to me as a 1974 Gibson Les Paul Special 55 (but on checking the serial number online it comes up as 1976), this is a gnarly, battle scarred old warrior, that looks like it has survived the Hundred Years War.  It certainly matches other Special 55s out there, so I wonder whether they made them for a couple of years, or if the serial numbers were all over the shop, in typical Gibson style.

At some point someone has added a 3rd P90, controlled by the micro switch. These things absolutely snarl and roar. I suspect the gold Gibson branded tuners are after market replacements, and it appears someone has painted the truss cover, presumably to match the pickups.  Lovely bound neck with MoP dots, more like a 60's than a 50's to my fumbling hands.

Weighs in at 3.65 kg on my kitchen scales, so about bang on 8 lbs for you imperial dinosaurs.

Why so cheap?  Because it has in its rock n roll life suffered a neck break.  This has been (very) well repaired and is absolutely rock solid, with no movement or tuning issues.  It's very hard to spot - I've tried to picture it but you really have to look hard.  Impossible to feel when playing.  Hey: saves you the job/worry about snapping it.

Why am I selling? Because I just sprang for @brooom 's Vesta Graham, and something's gotta give.  Plus, I have Les Pauls coming out of my ears because I am a drunkard with no self control.

Comes in an extremely tatty hard case with only one functioning lock, but enough to get it home (or posted) safely.

£950 collected from Barnet, N London.  Happy to meet up within an hour or so's radius, or to discuss insured postage at cost.  I've got boxes and bubble wrap...

Isn't it cool? D 

***Update: sold***

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments