How to Get Ahead in Advertising

What's Hot
"I never wanted a campervan, my now ex girlfriend did. So we comprised and purchased a camper, without ever laying eyes on it first might I add. It was intended to be a "joint" project which in reality turned into her standing round for half a day complaining about the shed we'd brought, and the remainder of the time on my back about how long it was taking to transform it into her "perfect tranquil cabin on wheels". Yikes.
Fast forward a few months and she decided to up and leave (probably for a man with a much more impressive motorhome than mine) leaving only behind this sad slab of misery on wheels. Apart from being an eyesore and driving down local property prices, it serves as a personal reminder that the last few years of my life have truly and utterly been a waste.
As you can probably tell by this point I'm eager to get this thing off of my drive and draw a line under this turbulent chapter. "

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265345781696?fbclid=IwAR0SCqUKiaaDkOpmbmf-hwgQPrDEKRtkILhSgrjejujpxGehjVZeKJA6LGA
Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    honestly, sounds like he got a bargain to get rid of a toxic personality like that from your life.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    If it’s that painful to him, why doesn’t he just drive it to his local golf course and torch it? As catharsis alone the therapeutic value of such an act would be worth well in excess of £700. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18673
    Redlester said:
    If it’s that painful to him, why doesn’t he just drive it to his local golf course and torch it? As catharsis alone the therapeutic value of such an act would be worth well in excess of £700. 
    Not a golf fan I take it?  ;)
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    “Apart from being an eyesore and driving down local property prices”……..

……and that’s in Barnsley……. ;)

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    Redlester said:
    Not a golf fan I take it?  ;)
    @Kittyfrisk I love golf. It’s just that golf courses are convenient places to dump and torch cars…according to my friends of course… 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Love it!

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18673
    SRich said:
    “Apart from being an eyesore and driving down local property prices”……..

……and that’s in Barnsley……. ;)
    Aye, probly top O' Dodworth Bottom...
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 365
    +1 for torching it.
  • Hats off to him - and thirty bids !!!
  • rogdrogd Frets: 1513
    The lads gonna make a bit!
  • rogdrogd Frets: 1513
    And hes made it as far as the Daily Scar!!
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16081
    The Genre was started by famous Chelsea Estate Agent Roy Brookes in the 1960s who would advertise a flat on Kings Road as " a complete hovel on the dim basement level with a lounge so small even the mice are hunchback " etc etc 
    Needless to say....he sold a lot of property and made a fortune !
  • AmigoAmigo Frets: 119
    edited October 2021
    The add for the campervan, which has now sold, ends with:
    "If you've made it this far you are probably mentally unwell or still being forced into making a perfect love den for those romantic weekend getaways, either way I applaud the dedication. If you do decide to bid on it and God forbid you actually win, you will have to get it transported or collect it yourself as I have neither the time, the means or the will to deliver it for you. [...] I'm just trying to get a little money back so I can go on a heavy night of drinking, perhaps visit a lady of the night depending on how well the auction goes and then close this awful chapter of my life."
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I don't get the thread title?
  • axisus said:
    I don't get the thread title?
    The guy's humorous and entertaining description made a van that was worth maybe a few hundred quid in scrap sell for more than £1600. Don Draper could only dream of such effective advertising!
  • Gave up at "brought"