EHX DMM Nano!

What's Hot

Comments

• Here is a suuuupppperrrrr quick and dirty comparison of the tt100 and the echoman.

Getting a bit off-topic now, but I'm still keen to get the EHX DMM Nano.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1468
    joetele said:
    Despite only ordering one, a second just turned up! I'm obviously going to try the two together but if I don't keep it I'll put it up for sale in FX £ thread 
    ...dibs
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2346
    edited October 2021
    @WiresDreamDisasters ; That echoman sounds pretty good, especially for less than £50!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Ordered an echoman earlier and gave a few friends a heads up but it looks like they're sold out now
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • roberty said:
    Ordered an echoman earlier and gave a few friends a heads up but it looks like they're sold out now

That's for the larger Green Memory Analog Delay, I'm not sure how different the mini Echoman is. :-)
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 948
    Well, I just plugged in two Echomans (Echomen?) and yes, it sounds glorious. Obviously, one at long delay and one at short, but I also tried one with the blue modulation and the one with the red (vibrato?) modulation which makes for nice textures. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 489
    joetele said:
    Just got the Xvive Echoman. It's utterly stunning. There are some for £50 on eBay brand new. 
    I just got mine. It's really good sounding and a very useable range on the knobs. 

Just to say again, it sounds really lush and doesn't seem to get as dark as some other analogue delays.

Thanks for the tip!
  • ianian Frets: 17
    I can't help wondering whether the owner of this DMM has heard that the Nano is imminent, and is looking to cash in before the Nano causes a drop in the value of the original DMMs - https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/ehx-deluxe-memory-man-1990s/1417565476

£725?  I thought that the going rate for a DMM was less than half of that.
  • ian said:
    I can't help wondering whether the owner of this DMM has heard that the Nano is imminent, and is looking to cash in before the Nano causes a drop in the value of the original DMMs - https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/ehx-deluxe-memory-man-1990s/1417565476

£725?  I thought that the going rate for a DMM was less than half of that.
    I saw one on eBay a week or two ago that was nearly a grand. Totally mental.

Bye!

• Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited October 2021
    More stock of the echoman on ebay! I'm tempted, must admit. Edit: I'm so incredibly weak.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nonesuchnonesuch Frets: 308
    I got my Xvive Echoman too, and to be honest I'm finding it slightly disappointing.

The modulation is weird, the chorus goes way too wide (for my preference) into detuned territory, and the vibrato is just too fast. Saying that, my other analog delay is a Rubberneck, and the modulation on that is even more extreme and unusable in my opinion (apart from at ultra low levels). 

The main issue I have with the Echoman is the odd sweep of the blend control. It works in a different way to any other delay I've had, in that it goes from dry signal only to delayed signal only. But this has the effect of making the 'dry' signal quieter as you increase the volume of the repeats. So if you have the blend any higher than about 10 o'clock, the dry signal seems quieter when you tun the pedal on. Does anyone else think this?

Compared to the Rubberneck, the Echoman definitely has less noise or hiss on the repeats. So that's a good thing at least!

So I think what I'm looking for in an analog delay are low levels of noise, and the ability to control speed AND depth of the modulation. Subtle not warbly is what I'm after. Any ideas. Nano DMM???

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DMM has lots of vibrato if you ask for it, too, IIRC. Just turn the knob down a bit :-)

Haha the knob is right down! But the range of acceptable warble is so narrow!
  • I'm finding 9 o'clock is my limit on the modulation. Then blend is a bit finnicky yes, but I find the blend on my TT1100 also finnicky, so I figured it was a Memory Man thing! The Carbon Copy and DM2 don't react the same way.

Bye!

I'm finding 9 o'clock is my limit on the modulation. Then blend is a bit finnicky yes, but I find the blend on my TT1100 also finnicky, so I figured it was a Memory Man thing! The Carbon Copy and DM2 don't react the same way.
    Maybe you're right and that's how the blend control works on the DMM. I honestly don't know. But I must admit to being confused about it, and how it would be different to the 'level' control on every other delay I've used.

Weird.
    More stock of the echoman on ebay! I'm tempted, must admit. Edit: I'm so incredibly weak.
    Worst case scenario you can flip it for a profit when the blow out ends. I've regretted every blow out I didn't participate in (Gibson NR Firebirds and 2015 Juniors come to mind)

My Echoman arrived it's great, all the DMM I'll ever need. Good times when combined with EOB sustainer Strat
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    joetele said:
    Well, I just plugged in two Echomans (Echomen?) and yes, it sounds glorious. Obviously, one at long delay and one at short, but I also tried one with the blue modulation and the one with the red (vibrato?) modulation which makes for nice textures. 
    lol yeh if you wanted stereo you could buy two at these prices
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    nonesuch said:
    I'm finding 9 o'clock is my limit on the modulation. Then blend is a bit finnicky yes, but I find the blend on my TT1100 also finnicky, so I figured it was a Memory Man thing! The Carbon Copy and DM2 don't react the same way.
    Maybe you're right and that's how the blend control works on the DMM. I honestly don't know. But I must admit to being confused about it, and how it would be different to the 'level' control on every other delay I've used.

Weird.
    I had the Xvive video on last night. It’s not very exciting but has a lot of sample settings, don’t know if that’s of any use. There was a very distinct Billy Duffy type one I noticed.
    Seems to work as a chorus or vibrato with no delay as well so maybe on a small board quite a good utility pedal. 

A year ago you couldn’t source the Xvive in the U.K. and now Ivor Maraints are knocking them out for £50. Weird. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 489
    I do understand what you're saying but if you focus on between 8 o'clock and 11:30 o'clock on the Blend knob you should find a useable range.

It's just a bit of a different animal to the Carbon Copy and DM2.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2346
    nonesuch said:
    I got my Xvive Echoman too, and to be honest I'm finding it slightly disappointing.

The modulation is weird, the chorus goes way too wide (for my preference) into detuned territory, and the vibrato is just too fast. Saying that, my other analog delay is a Rubberneck, and the modulation on that is even more extreme and unusable in my opinion (apart from at ultra low levels). 

The main issue I have with the Echoman is the odd sweep of the blend control. It works in a different way to any other delay I've had, in that it goes from dry signal only to delayed signal only. But this has the effect of making the 'dry' signal quieter as you increase the volume of the repeats. So if you have the blend any higher than about 10 o'clock, the dry signal seems quieter when you tun the pedal on. Does anyone else think this?

Compared to the Rubberneck, the Echoman definitely has less noise or hiss on the repeats. So that's a good thing at least!

So I think what I'm looking for in an analog delay are low levels of noise, and the ability to control speed AND depth of the modulation. Subtle not warbly is what I'm after. Any ideas. Nano DMM???

I haven't tried the Xvive, but the DMM has a level control which the Xvive doesn't seem to have- I wonder does that help with that problem?